PDA

View Full Version : hi, everybody

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cdcgic
Tue, Mar-28-06, 13:04
I am new to the forums (posting) but i have been lurking for over a month, i was on weight watchers for 1.5 years a went from 146to 118 lbs, i was thrilled and then on under 1000 cals a day or so, i started gaining every week, i never cheated!!!!!!! or almost never? :lol: anyway, i always felt hungry and was desperate so i decided to do something drastic and here i am, 4 weeks on atkins and lost nothing but didnt gain either, and maybe that is good enougnh, but i am so short that 130 is just chubby, i hate being chubby i feel self concious, and UGLY. I really need support to keep on going in this life long battle over my weight.
i hope we become friends. :wave:

RhondaK
Tue, Mar-28-06, 13:06
Welcome aboard. Congrats on your loss. I think low carb will amaze you with how lean it will help you get. Then you could still wiegh 130 but look "unchubby" doing it. lol
Good luck.

lazydaisy2
Wed, Mar-29-06, 12:22
Welcome to the site! You'll find lots of encouragement and advice here.

MAPES
Wed, Mar-29-06, 15:34
HI JUST JOINED, ITHINK THE LOW-CARB DIET IS THE WAY TO GO. I,VEBENN ON THIS DIET FOR THE SECOND TIME NOW . THE FIRST TIME I WANTED TO LOOSE 20 LBS AND I DID, BUT I DIDNT MAINTAIN THE DIET. NOW TWO YEAES LATER I AM PLANING ON LOSING 25LBS.AND MAINTAINIT. THE WEIGHT CAME OFF AND THE DIET WAS NOT THAT HARD I THINK ILL BE O.K.THIS TIME. I THINK IT REALLY WORKS. :wave:

Ptrcmcc6
Wed, Mar-29-06, 16:22
Hi and welcome to the forums. I get so much out of coming in here, myself. It's just makes it so much easier to know there are people out there just like myself. Congratulation on losing that much weight the first time around. I don't think Weight Watchers is necessarily a low carb diet but.......hey......it worked for you. If you feel hungry all the time, it's hard to stick with the "plan" though. I say "plan" because I don't like to consider lc'ing a diet. It's basically a healthy way of eating which you can live with for the rest of your life with a little discipline. My sister had great results also with Weight Watchers many years ago but now she is diabetic and I don't think the WW will not help her this time. She might lose the weight but I think it would send her sugar out of whack. He doctor did put her on a low carb diet and she is slowly losing weight but the most important thing is......she doesn't have to give herself insulin. It's controlled with her diet.

There are so many positive things to this way of eating. Your hardly ever hungry and, if you are, you eat. Just as long as it's whole natural foods and not junk food you should be fine.

Well.......good luck with your Atkins "plan". You will start seeing the weight coming off in no time.

Patty

sirlarry
Wed, Mar-29-06, 16:59
Welcome :wave: Glad to have you with us! Don't forget to start your journal

juniebug15
Wed, Mar-29-06, 17:08
i always felt hungry and was desperate so i decided to do something drastic and here i am

Hi and welcome! :wave:

This isn't desperate....it really makes a lot of sense when you take the time to understand the whole process. Your metabolism should increase soon since you've increased your calorie intake and you'll be amazed at how much energy you have doing LC. I see my body slimming even when the scale isn't budging. Have you taken your measurements? It's such a comforting feeling to see that my numbers have went down even if the scale hasn't.

Good luck! :D

vicki w
Thu, Mar-30-06, 04:18
Welcome to the forum - hope you have lots of sucess here. Good luck! xx

cdcgic
Thu, Mar-30-06, 18:43
i feel so welcome, this is not the first forum i join, but this is the first time i feel so confortable with everybody!
thanks again!