PDA

View Full Version : New member- 1st thread =))

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rose501
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:06
Hi, I am a new user to this website and need HELP!!
I am on the low-carb Atkins diet... I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and only lost 1 pound. I dont know if i am doing anything wrong. I eat only meats and salads all day but dont understand what is going on. Please if anyone has an suggestions, please help me out :help: ... I am doing this with a friend and she already lost 10 pounds in the 3 weeks. :q:

penelope
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:11
Are you eating prepared meat ? Some of them are full of sugar or starch.

Rose501
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:21
Yes most of the time its prepared, but sometimes i do order a chicken salad from like a coney island or something. I sometimes have fried chicken and dressing but now i have cut back on both of those.. any suggestions please?

KoKo
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:32
Hi Rose,

Do you eat any other vegetables besides salad. Like broccoli or brussel sprouts or cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, things like that? And are you drinking lots of water, that really helps.

Rose501
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:36
Ok, i hope i am replying correctly... yes i do eat other veggies, not much mostly chicken and salads... i do drink a lot of water. Sometimes i do have friend chicken, i was thinking maybe that doesnt help. Is there certain rules like maybe not eating after a certain time or something i may not know?

rissa
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:40
Hi, I am a new user to this website and need HELP!!
I am on the low-carb Atkins diet... I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and only lost 1 pound. I dont know if i am doing anything wrong. I eat only meats and salads all day but dont understand what is going on. Please if anyone has an suggestions, please help me out :help: ... I am doing this with a friend and she already lost 10 pounds in the 3 weeks. :q:

can you give us a menu of EXACTLY what you eat and drink? right down to what you put in your coffee, the types of meats, etc you're eating? also, if you're on any medications, that might clue us in as well

Rose501
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:50
OK, thank you sooooooo much todays plan is... in the morning i have my full cup of coffe with about a teaspoon of the flavored coffee creamer (international delight)....
For lunch i had bbq wings 6pc baked not fried...
and for dinner we are griling chicken breast marrinated in bbq sauce with broiled broccoli.
I am on no medication.... I usally have about 64oz's of water a day.....
Yesterday, i had my ussual cup of coffe.... for lunch i had a chicken salad from kerbys with some thousand island dressing... for dinner at around 7:30 pm, i had about 5 peices of chuck roast meat, that i had cut up for shish kobobs, they were grilled with tomotoes, onions and green peppers....
I hope this helps!! :)

RhondaK
Tue, Mar-28-06, 11:56
Hi there.
Ok things I would lose here (just a suggestion they stop me from loseing)
Get rid of the international delight creamer use some heavy whipping cream if you need some.
Get rid of the BBQ sauce, these are usually loaded with carbs from sugars.
No thousand island dressing. I used to buy some with 0 carbs but I forget the brand but no regular 1000 island.
Also I used to buy chicken salad too and then found out it's very carby how some places make it. Try buying canned chicken breast and making your own with some mayo at home.
Also beware of tomatos and onions they can really add up the carbs.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Rose501
Tue, Mar-28-06, 12:02
wow.. i have been doing it all wrong..THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!
I am going to start from new right now with your suggestions....
Again thank you, i really appreciate it.... :wave:

rae2u100
Tue, Mar-28-06, 12:10
I agree w/ Rhonda. In my experience, my first 2 weeks of lcing was kinda hard w/out reading any info and knowing what I should/shouldn't do. Cut out the creamer. Hard cuz I was addicted and drank at least a cow a week. Now I use store brand creamer that is 1 carb per 2 tbsps with one packet of splenda or sweetner and that's it. You need to eat something for breakfast as a way to jumpstart your metabolism. Make some bacon ahead of time and eat a couple of slices in the morning. If you have time eat an egg. Does the fried chicken have the breaded crust on it? Take it off. Find low carb dressings/bbq sauce/etc and it helps. Spices are wonderful. Use them. Add fat. You need to have 65% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs during the "induction phase" of the plan. Then slowly increase it. Drink your water. So far so good in that area. The weight starts coming off. And make sure your sodium count is low. That retains water. Also if you don't have the DANDR book check out www.atkins.com. It explains what u need to do. Hope this helped. And good luck!!!

Rose501
Tue, Mar-28-06, 12:23
Thank you!!
I am going to try this again.... I will be on this site everyday... This is great and i really appreciate it.