PDA

View Full Version : new to site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

babs94
Mon, Mar-27-06, 13:47
Hi everyone. I am new to the site. Not new to atkins though. Have tried and lost but I kept slipping and now I am back up and uncomfortable. I hope joining this site will actually see me through to the end this time. I do have one question. Does anyone know if I can have as much broccoli as I want as long as it is within the 20 carb count. I am not big on a lot of raw veggies but I enjoy broccoli. When I stick to salads I get turned off fast and I hope that if I eat broccoli I will be alright.

Thanks and I look forward to the LC experience with all of you.
Barb

shedfat
Mon, Mar-27-06, 15:21
1 medium stalk (148 grams) of broccoli has 8 grams of carbohydrates, but 5 grams are fiber. So you only count 3 Net Grams. So you can eat two medium stalks of broccoli during lunch and 2 at dinner. That would leave you with 8 grams of carbs to use on something else.

Lesle
Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:47
Remember too, that eggs have .6 carbs each, and many cheeses will have close to 1 carb per ounce. too.
I would say, if brocolli would help get you started and going strong for the first few days, go for it..BUT for nutrition's sake, you will need to add other veggies to your diet as soon as you can.
Good luck!
Lesle

mrstmitch
Mon, Mar-27-06, 18:59
Hey, Barb, just wanted to say: WELCOME!!Stick with this site, and you'll find all the encouragement you need to reach your goal! :agree: