PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angelmnn38
Sat, Mar-25-06, 23:03
I'm new here and I've been reading through the different things. I seem to be in a stall and going crazy over it. I've been doing Atkins since Jan. 2006. I started at 151 lbs. and am now at 138-141 lbs. It keeps fluctuating. My goal is 128-130 but I just can't seem to get there. I'm thinking about trying to do the king, prince, pauper approach. I am getting very frustrated because I'm almost there but seem to be stuck and have been for over a month now. Anyone have any suggestions?

cnmLisa
Sun, Mar-26-06, 00:18
Welcome to the forum!!!

I see that you're doing Atkins!!! If you could post some menus perhaps we can find out what the issue is.

Just food (pardon the pun) for thought.

1. Are you getting in all your veg?
2. Are you drinking all your water?
3. Have you sussed out any hidden carbs?
4. Are you eating sugar alcohols such as those found in shakes and sugarfree treats?
5. Are you measuring your cheese, heavy cream, etc??
6. If you use splenda or other SF subs are you counting them in your total carb count?
7. Are you getting in enough fiber?
8. Are you exercising?
9. Are you eating frankenfoods?
10. Are you taking your supplements?
11. Eventhough you may not be losing "fat", are you losing inches?
12. Are you trying to do "no carb" thinking it may hasten weight loss?
13. Since you're getting closer to goal, have you moved out of induction to OWL??

I'm sure there are alot more questions but these are the basics. Why don't you post some menus--we may be able to find out what's holding you up!

Lisa

angelmnn38
Sun, Mar-26-06, 19:00
I'm probably not getting all of my veggies. For breakfast I usually have 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs, lunch is 1-2 cups of salad with low carb dressing,grilled chicken strips and shredded cheese and supper is steak with mushrooms and onions, 1 cup of salad and sometimes broccoli or cauliflower. Chicken is another usual supper with sauteed shrimp. I was snacking on atkins bars but I've heard that they can cause stalls so I am giving them up for now. I also have a cheese stick at lunch sometimes (1 oz. 0 carbs) I exercise 5 x per week by doing the treadmill every day and weights 2 x per week. I also work my abs every day. I do drink all of my water, however, I drink coffee. I just can't live without my coffee, I've tried to switch to decaf but the headaches were too much. (go figure, I quit smoking cold turkey a year ago but I can't give up the coffee.) I only have 1 splenda and light cream (< 1g) in it. I haven't measured myself. I don't eat sugar alcohols.(I very rarely have a piece of sugar free candy) I am going to try and have a bigger breakfast and lunch and cut my supper way down and see if that helps. I think that part of the problem may be that I'm not eating enough or I'm eating too much for supper. Hey, it's worth a shot, right? I will keep posted on my progress.

Ptrcmcc6
Mon, Mar-27-06, 11:48
I've also heard from a lot of seasoned low carbers in here that the closer you get to your "goal" weight, the longer it takes for it to come off. You sound like you have the plan pretty well down. And the exercising can make it seem like you aren't losing anything when in fact you could be losing inches. Muscle weighs more than fat. I would keep going the way you've been doing but your idea of switching your big meal of the day might help out. I can't understand why we have our big meal at the end of the day?? It would make more sense to have it in the middle of the day to give you energy to do things. Then, at the end of the day, have something light like maybe a salad with tuna and cheese added to it. I think I will give that one a try myself....lol.

Anyway, I would try switching the time of day you have your big meal. Keep up the great work and let us know how it works out for you.

Patty