PDA

View Full Version : does anyone go to the chatroom here?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tam0418
Wed, Mar-22-06, 22:25
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and I was going to go into the chatroom here and nobody seems to be in there, ever. Just wondering if anyone goes in there for support. I am on the Atkins diet and just wanted to gab I guess. I almost blew it tonight, I almost ate some bad things. I didn't though. I am just looking for a little support and pick me up team. Thanks.

Ptrcmcc6
Thu, Mar-23-06, 05:58
Hi Tam,

Well.......it's good that you didn't "blow it" but if someday you should, don't beat yourself up about it. Almost all of us have had days where we fell off track from time to time. The important thing is to realize it and get right back on track as soon as possible. That happened to me around the holidays and it has taken me waaaaaayyyyyy too long to get back on track. In fact, I wound up gaining back the 20 lbs. I had lost last year. I'm back on track now and I indend on staying there for the long haul now.
As far as the chartroom is concerned, I've tried going into there a few times last year with the same results that you have had. I resorted to just going into my journal when I want to "gab" and it helps me get things off my chest and stay focused. I truly don't expect everyone to read my whole journal because there is alot of "gabbing" going on in there to myself......lol. Feel free to stop by and say hello anytime you want, though.
Anyway, the important thing is you DIDN'T blow it and if you should, just pick yourself up where you left off.

Happy losing,

Patty

Lesle
Thu, Mar-23-06, 05:58
I don't think the chat room is a real popular part of this Forum. Because we live all over the world, and have diffferent schedules, I guess the time differences are a factor.
But once you get used to posting here, or in your friends' journals, you'll be surprised at the communication and sense of community you will feel here.
Or, simply post a question or concern and you'll get lots of free advice too. Sometimes, more than you want! HAHA
Lesle

rshardin
Thu, Mar-23-06, 22:37
Hi there! Thanks for the reply to my thread. If you want to go to the chat room, I will go there with you (if I can figure out how to get there) I like to chat with people because it helps me stay on track. Good job at not cheating. I did today and I am bummed like I said. Thanks for telling me to just move past it.

Stacy

Noel1234
Thu, Mar-23-06, 22:42
There have been times when like an alcoholic I have needed a sponser, but no. No one goes to chat here! I am going to attemp to start my own new thread for support!

tam0418
Fri, Mar-24-06, 14:09
thanks stacy! Hopefully we can get there together sometime to talk!! I cheated a little today. I had a perogie. I admit it. Couldn't resist. Bad, bad me. Oh well, I will forget that I ate it and continue on with no carbs. Thanks again all, hopefully we can talk soon.
Tammy

Noel1234
Tue, Mar-28-06, 16:17
I am originally from Ohio, my boyfriend loved Parma perogies. Now in Florida I can't find perogies anywhere. I know I can't eath them, but any ideas? Is this just a northern food? I can't even find them in a box at supermarket!

tam0418
Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:17
I live about 15 minutes from Parma....lol. They do have the best perogies. I would look around for recipes and try to make them yourself, because you're not going to find store bought ones as good. I wish I could eat a whole bowl of perogies right now......lol thanks alot.
Tammy

tam0418
Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:18
Actually.....lmao......I was at a bingo hall in Parma when I ate that perogie.........

Noel1234
Wed, Mar-29-06, 14:41
We were both born in the same year. I wonder since we both lived in the same area if we have any mutual friends in common. Where did you go to High School? If you don't want to annouce it send me an Im. If you look in my profile I have Aim. Well that is also my email just add at aim dot com. Incase you don't have aim. I think we may have a lot in common. I left Ohio about 4 yrs ago. I love Florida! But,this is where I got fat:) I desire to get back into a two peice go to the beach and feel sexy. When we lose the lbs. I'll meet you at DISNEY WORLD :p

tam0418
Wed, Mar-29-06, 15:42
Hey Noel.
I went to Strongsville High! Where did you go? If you want you can email me a tammydupont~adelphia.net if you don't want to tell me on here. Lucky you in Florida. A couple people I went to school with are in Florida now. WHATEVER. I just love these 30 degree days here!! BLAH. Actually today is pretty nice, around 50 degrees. Hopefully warm weather is ahead. Take care and email me if you want.
Tammy

Noel1234
Fri, Mar-31-06, 18:18
I will email, you I have been crazy busy... I have a down fall on this diet, I for some reason have been really craving a bloody mary. I have to check and see how high in carbs the mixs are. If they are high I will have to make a low carb one!

I know I'm not pregnant must be an Adkins crave!:)

tam0418
Fri, Mar-31-06, 20:14
LOL.......okay email me sweetie. Enjoy your bloody mary.