PDA

View Full Version : Can I do induction for more than 2 weeks?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sheryls1
Tue, Mar-21-06, 12:37
I am not finding this difficult. I am staying on the diet and it isn't terrible, yet.The stick is much darker. Not purple but I have to buy some. These were given to me from a friend and they are old. I don't even know what the color is supposed to be. I want to loose quicker. I am a bit disappointed in how fast I am loosing but I think I made some mistakes in the begining. I am not posting my "official" loss as I am supposed wait till tomorrow to weigh myself and it may be a little less. I had the day off today and jumped on the scale(couldn't help it) but, it was later in the day than I usually weigh myself so tomorrow is the official day and I'll do it at the same time etc. I lost in the last 2 weeks about 6 pounds. I am happy but thought it would be more. You guys talk about dropping tons of weight, fast. I am staying well below the 20 carbs. Doing the fat thing,(not drinking the water), that is a chore for me. Again, I have lost but would like to see it move faster.
Can I stay on induction or do I have to move to the next step? I haven't read that far in the book. I am trying. I try to read as often as I can but am reading the induction part still. Just can't get enough time in the day!
Thanks

JaneDough
Tue, Mar-21-06, 14:25
Yes, you can stay on Induction for months if you choose, and some do.

If you're under 20 carbs a day you're probably undereating your vegetable allowance, and you've already said you aren't drinking water. It's important to try to hit your targets in these areas for the best results.

Don't be disappointed in your progress; not only is any loss a good thing, but not everyone drops weight in their first weeks. Next time you're in the grocery store, try picking up a pound of butter and 5lb bag of potatoes, and ask yourself how you could be disappointed in that kind of short-term improvement. All the best.

Elizellen
Tue, Mar-21-06, 14:30
It is suggested we will lose about 5%-10% of our total weightloss in the first 14 days of induction, so you are doing fine!!
As to staying longer on induction, you can choose to do that if you are happy with your food choices. I stayed on induction for over a year but had lots more than you have to lose!
The second stage of Atkins is actually the main part of it. 'Ongoing Weight Loss' (OWL) is where we learn what foods affect us and discover how many carbs we can eat and still lose weight, so moving on to that is a good idea if you are getting bored with the foods you are allowed to eat.
You need to be in the 3rd stage (premaintenance) for your last 5-10 pounds loss, to prepare you for eating maintenance once you reach goal.