PDA

View Full Version : Last 20 lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gunnerboy
Mon, Mar-20-06, 20:51
I have been quite successful using the Atkins diet for about four years now. I began my experience at the age of 18 weighing approx. 292lbs at 5’11”. I am now 22 weighing about 190 lbs, but I still would like to remove the last twenty or so. I recently graduated college and have found myself wrapped up in the corporate life. When I was in school there was some difficulties exercising daily, but none compare to what I now face. My (honest) daily diet consists of the following: Breakfast: Coffee no sugar, light cream Lunch: Depending on co-workers cravings, I can usually find chicken wings without breading, Dinner: Anything from a small steak to some form of poultry. I unfortunately do not seem to have the time nor energy to exercise daily. It usually occurs on a biweekly occurrence that consists mainly of a 2 to 3 mile jog. Additionally, my ketosis state, even when reinitiating induction does not seem to pass medium. I have had this particular problem since I reached around 225. Does anyone have any tips or similar experiences that they were successful in navigating around that might be useful? Thanks in advance.

Luzyanna
Mon, Mar-20-06, 21:56
Wow you are eating way too little. No breakfast or veggies? Start by re-reading DANDR (Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution) and work some food back in your diet. Your metabolism has probably dropped to make up for the lack of calories (that's why you have no energy to exercise) so introduce them slowly but steadily.

Rachel1
Tue, Mar-21-06, 20:03
The last 20 pounds or so seem to come off the slowest. I've been working on mine for the last three years or so.

I agree with Leslie - it sounds like you need to eat more. Do you cook? If not, I recommend learning some simple recipes. Add some veggies to your protein at dinner, and for heaven's sake, eat breakfast - even if it's just a small one.

As for exercise, if you don't have time to go to the gym, there are lots of videos you can do at home. I use a walking video (Leslie Sansone) that takes only 1/2 hour and is brisk enough to work up a sweat, but is not difficult, even when I'm a bit tired. I too have an extremely busy schedule, so I know what it's like, but eating and exercising properly are so important to maintain your daily activities and enjoyment of life.