PDA

View Full Version : New Atkins and Great Book for everyone to read!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LeaLee
Mon, Mar-20-06, 16:04
Hi! Just intorducing myself here. First time on a forum!

I think the LC plans are definitely the way to go for most people out there. You can say low fat until your blue in the face, but you have to go with what works.

If anyone is interested I picked up an amazing book on LC plans from the librbary. I haven't been able to put it down either. It is called "Living the Low Carb Life - From Atkins to The Zone" and is by Jonny Bowden. Great science and references behind why LC works and amazing reviews of all of the LC plans out there. I know the Atkins book inside out but this had even more tidbits - and even more evidence you can give all the doubters in your life. I am going to photocopy a chapter just to give to my b-friends parents. One is diabetic and the other has high cholesteral and blood pressure. Their doctor has them both eating cereal/toast for b-fast and having potatoes with every dinner - no butter no fat, no meat! So it's almost all carb all the time. We'll see if I can change their minds!

lazydaisy2
Mon, Mar-20-06, 16:30
Welcome to the site! :wave: We love the LC lifestyle here.

You'll find lots of advice, inspiration and tidbits of info here.

ElisaB
Fri, Mar-24-06, 05:54
I have the Living the Low Carb Life book and I agree, it's a great book. I think when one is looking to lose weight with a lower-carb regimen it's the best book to help you choose the right plan, as ti's gives enough info and also tips on creating your own plan.

I do think, however, that's it's also important to know the downside of low-carb diets, or foods and behaviors to avoid when following one, and for that there's a section in the book "The Fast Track Detox Diet" by Ann Louise Gittleman. Her plans tend to be lower in carbs and higher in protein than most popular weight loss plans, but at the same time she includes supplements and foods that also help keep the digestive system, liver and lymphatic system working at peak performance, which not only results in healthy weight loss, but also in great skin tone, increased energy and better hormonal balance, among many things.

I have both books as part of my health library and I refer to them often!