PDA

View Full Version : Windsor ON Products?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

justme
Thu, Jan-03-02, 19:38
living here in Windsor Ontario i find it very hard to find the food you all talk about like pork rinds and such anyone out there from this area with some help would be appreciated

IslandGirl
Fri, Jan-04-02, 00:52
I've moved your post to the Local Support Groups\Canada forum, so you can get some good help from us Canadians on your question, eh? :D

You might want to have a peek at the Local Shopping Database where our many members have been adding things (and where to find them) when they remember... over there on the right of your screen you will see "Low-Carb Yellow Pages!" and you just might find some stuff listed for your Windsor neighbourhood, or products like Pork Rinds that are available in any LobLaw's or Real Canadian Superstore across this great country of ours....

Hope this helps, and good luck with your lowcarb journey!

Janjan
Mon, Jan-07-02, 09:22
Where do I start? I'm from Windsor also and I've been low carb on and off for about a year. There is so much stuff here!! The Bulk food store at Zehrs on Dougall has pork rinds -cheap- 99cents. Thay also have stevia, a low carb bran fibre cracker,
sugar free candies, and whey protein powder. The candy store at Windsor Crossings has lots of sugar free chocolate, gummies etc. Starbucks sells sugar free vanilla syrup. What else are you looking for? Do you shop in Detroit at all?

IslandGirl
Mon, Jan-07-02, 22:41
JanJan, do you remember what brand name those fiber LC crackers are?

Also, if you get a few minutes, please do plug this information into the LowCarb Yellow Pages, this is the kind of information sharing we all find useful! Thanks for the tips!

Janjan
Tue, Jan-08-02, 09:12
Oops sorry, they'e a sugar free high carb cookie. I'll have to check on the brand and carb count -think about 6 carbs each? I have found some crackers called 'cheesies' or something like that that are quite good. they're about 1 carb each and they're made mostly out of cheese. I got these at a fruit store.