PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladyj816
Thu, Mar-16-06, 08:02
:help: I need suggestions, advise, anything....... I have tried this before and it seems to be the only thing that works, so why I came off it I have no idea. I am more or less a self confident woman, even weighing what I do, if you notice I have gained back what I lost and am starting again 2.5 lbs heavier. I work full time, have two boys ages 13 and 3 ( yes 10 years apart) :D I need quick meal ideas, and time management ideas. I am currently separated from hubby three years now, however we are the best of friends and we see each other dailey :lol: also, in a dead end relationship, that I am planning to end for sanity sake, so I can focus on ME :thup: :thup: :thup: Well I am hoping too anyway.......it is easier said then done,......anyway I am very active, love the outdoors and love life, kareoke, walks, camping and hikeing, so the weigh frusterates me, and now I am diabetic, so u see, I think its time to yell for help :help: :help:

Hope you can find a moment to give me some ideas,
ps Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!

droppin
Thu, Mar-16-06, 08:38
It does work and as long as you stick to it it will. You have seen that for yourselve and you seem to have a pretty good attitude just waita couple of weeks and get on the scales and as long as you don't cheat Ill bet you you will be happy

http://www.choosing2lose.com/ticker/4419786df23d7/weightloss.png (http://www.choosing2lose.com/ticker/)

bkloots
Thu, Mar-16-06, 10:25
Hello, and welcome to a good discussion place. You asked about two things: meal planning, and time management. Here's my two cents:

From your self-description, you sound like a person who usually puts other people's needs ahead of her own. That makes time management nearly impossible, because you're always responding, not planning. So...try this. Set up your daily/weekly schedule according to your personal priorities and needs. Then ask everyone else to respect that. It takes practice, but you can do it.

Meal planning? Boys of any age are probably not fussy eaters, especially if you stick to the basics. With low-carb, you're eating meat (chicken, burger, steak), fish (tuna salads, grilled salmon), eggs, cheese, a variety of salad greens and veggies (with full-fat dressings), and possibly some fruits. With those fresh ingredients on hand, all you need is a grill or frying pan, and microwave. The combinations are endless. See the recipes here, or in any low-carb "easy" cookbook.

ladyj816
Thu, Mar-16-06, 15:26
Thank you very much for the "welcome" and the time management tip Barbara, you have me pegged.... everyone comes first and always has, even work I am off on holdays and they are calling me twice dailey at the min. I think this is the reason I have not had much sucess in the past.

Thank you also to Droppin, for dropping in!!! Looking at your weight loss, you seem to know what you are doing, congrats!! on your acheivment.