PDA

View Full Version : Over 50 and FAT

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NoMoreChub
Wed, Mar-15-06, 16:40
So.. Here I am... Hi Everyone..
I began my Atkins program today... I had to... I am looking so unattractive and feeling terrible about myself...Not to mention that I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit...
Sooooo... I started Induction today... Hopefully, this program will give me the jumpstart I need to get my act together...
This is the heaviest I've ever been... and it feels terrible... and I don't want to feel this way anymore...
I make no excuses... believe me... I have a million reasons why I have reached this point... (I won't bore you with all of them) ..But the bottom line is this... I ate everything that was put in front of me without any regard to what it was doing to me... and played the 'denial' game when I looked into the mirror.. or struggled to get into my jeans....
Anyway... I will be here daily.. to give and get support...
Wish me luck... Today is the 1st step in my journey....
CC aka NoMoreChub

cajuda
Wed, Mar-15-06, 18:29
CC....you've certainly come to the right place for support, tips, encouragement, etc. I come here daily (most days twice daily) myself to keep reminding myself why I need to eat this way. If you stick with us, soon you'll be able to say "My name is NoMoreChub" :lol:

Fikirimi
Wed, Mar-15-06, 18:55
CC, you and I are in the same club. I just found this forum two days ago and have already been motivated and inspired. I have boxes of clothes under the bed that I haven't worn in years. Put me on your buddy list if you need moral support. We can do it! We'll help each other!

Lynnrea
Wed, Mar-15-06, 22:10
Hi, NMC! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. May I recommend that you make sure that your doc does a complete hormonal/endocrinological workup on you? A lot of losing weight and being healthy is diet, but insulin, thyroid, and estrogen problems can subtly and insidiously undermine your best efforts. Just as one example, my BP went from 140/80 to 115/65 within 3 months of starting a regimen of topical HRT. Great stuff!

bkloots
Thu, Mar-16-06, 10:34
Ah, Yes. You've finally reached The Moment, the epiphany that finally gets you going. From this moment on, you don't have to feel "terrible" about yourself, because YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING.

So...get a holster, and carry that Atkins book on your hip. Read it constantly, daily, devotionally. Learn every detail, and follow it faithfully. Sound like a religion? Well...yes, it kind of is. And we're your community of fellow-believers.

You're forgiven if you slip--so never wallow in guilt. Get right back on the low-carb track. Learn patience, learn to love yourself. Don't get discouraged when the way seems slow and hard. You're moving in the right direction, day by day.

Someday you'll experience another epiphany. That's when LC no longer feels like a diet or a chore, but a lifestyle you love. It happens. Best wishes.

NoMoreChub
Thu, Mar-16-06, 13:09
Thank you for responding to my 'introduction'... I realize this is going to be a long difficult journey... It's great to know there are others out there that face this challenge right along with me.. Funny... how we can commit to so many things in life.. but when it comes to losing weight we fail so many times.. Spring is right around the corner.. I am determinded to not spend this summer as a fat person... Thank you for the support... If anyone wants to 'team' up with me... Let me know... CC aka NoMoreChub

mrstmitch
Thu, Mar-16-06, 13:49
Hi, CC!! WELCOME!
You've come to the right place, Girl! It seems like a long journey now, but soon will be second nature! You will LOVE the way you feel, too, even in just a short time!

There are lots of challenges that you can join in the "challenges and buddies..." section, or you can click on my journal (it's the journal icon in the lower right corner of this message) and leave me a message and we can talk about starting our own challenge, if you want! I'm here for ya, Girl!