PDA

View Full Version : Hubby and Wife...2cd time around

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mssunny
Wed, Mar-15-06, 01:22
Hello to all!

This is the 2cd time we are trying the low carb diet. We had such great success the first time...but….I got pregnant (mid-life surprise baby...we are both 40 yrs).. Both of us gained back all of our weight plus some extra pounds….

So a year and a half later we are starting the diet again. I am really happy to find this forum as the first 2 weeks of this diet has been harder than it was before.

I have heard that this diet is not as easy as the first time on subsequent tries...Is this really true??

Anyhow…hopefully it will work and I should see the lbs melt away….I have been stagnant for a week now…getting a bit discouraged…but I know its just the beginning.

I am starting with a modest goal..once it is reached I will set a new goal weight...

Sure miss my snacks...coke, chips, and chocolate......

Well, I look forward to this forum!

Ms. Sunny

HoneyBunch
Wed, Mar-15-06, 01:33
:wave: Welcome
Glad to have you both here!!!!

mssunny
Wed, Mar-15-06, 02:06
Thanks Honey!

saffron28
Wed, Mar-15-06, 03:15
Welcome, and glad to have you both here. I started Atkins in 2002 and did terrific. Maintained at 216 for 18 months, then decided to get back to lossing the weight. It has definately been harder this time to get in the swing of things, and the weight is moving slower this time. But hang in there and come here often. This is a fantastic place with tons of info, and support.

Mousesmom
Wed, Mar-15-06, 10:07
Welcome Ms. Sunny! Best of luck to you and hubby on your weight loss journey.

Julie

boree
Wed, Mar-15-06, 11:03
Welcome Ms Sunny! Good luck to you and DH. Me and my DH went on Atkins at the beginning of last November, I have lost 25 pounds, he has lost 45 pounds (old smartie, men always lose easier and faster than us women, NO FAIR) :)

Connie

mrstmitch
Wed, Mar-15-06, 12:57
WELCOME, and Congrats on the arrival of your baby!

Yes, it is harder in subsequent tries on this WOE... be patient, though. It will take your body some time to adjust to the change in chemical balance, and will start losing eventually!

So GLAD you have you both back in the LC WOL! :wave:

droppin
Thu, Mar-16-06, 09:43
Congrats on the baby and both of you welcome back and hope you suceed

JohnMD
Thu, Mar-16-06, 10:19
Congratulations on the newborn. How many kids do you have living at home now? Does that number include the hubby? Just kidding.

Good luck on Atkins round #2. I did the diet in 2000 and lost 60 pounds in about eight months. I kept it off for over two years until my doctor diagnosed me with pre-diabetes and switched me to the recommended diet from the ADA. The diet is very low-fat, high-carb and low calorie. I started gaining a few pounds a month. Last summer I hit 270'ish. I've been struggling with everything in the world until I decided this month to really get serious. You know, it has been harder this time around, but I did manage to drop 10 pounds in one week. The key for me this time around is having good snacks around (celery with low-fat cheese, a few nuts, sugar-free pb, sugar-free jello, etc.).

I wish you both the best of luck. Looking forward to your first progress report.

Cheers, John

mssunny
Fri, Mar-17-06, 13:14
Thanks everyone! It has been so much harder this time. Dr. suggested trying South Beach diet...I guess I will have to read up on it.

I love the way the lbs just melted off the first time around and this time nothing...I am back up 3 lbs from a few days ago....bummer...

Anyhow thanks for the warm welcome...
Oh yeah and the newborn is a year old already...thats how long it has taken us to get motivated to go back on the diet...

Thanks everyone!! This forum will help alot.