PDA

View Full Version : Atkin's/Low-Carb diet Versus Rice Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

christy_m
Tue, Mar-14-06, 14:36
Hi All,
I am trying to find a diet...I am so horrible about sticking to anything. I know a lot of people swear by the low carbs, some swear by the low-fat, and I've recently started the Rice Diet...just yesterday. Has anyone here tried it? Did you like it? Why or why not? Is it as fast/faster than low-carb? I have noticed that it is not real versatile....my daughter and I are thinking about trying a new diet each week until we find the one that works the best for us...speed is a great incentive, but so is good food. Rice diet allows nooooooooo snacking....does low-carb?

Thanks!
christy_m~cebridge.net

troyal147
Tue, Mar-14-06, 14:52
there is plenty snacking on low-carb, but if you are looking for overnight success, low carb isn't for you , in fact, no diet is for you then. YOu need to realize that NO diet is overnight. Atkins (low carb) is more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet. For me it has been. I don't even want to eat the junk I have eaten in the past, i have no craving to. and it's great on the first two weeks of induction I lost 13.5 pounds and am going to stay on induction until I can. On the weekend, I eat alittle low carb ice cream, russell stover makes some great chocolate snacks, made with splenda of course if you get chocolate fixes, i have those once in a while when i've been really good, since I've been on it, i almost have to make myself eat all of my meals, i could do with out them. I lost those 13.5 pounds before I evens started working out, now I am which is helping me to continue to lose and it makes you feel so much better, as in healthier and not so "lazy" where I used to be tired all the time and just wanted to lay around; not anymore

Feel free to hang around, I am pretty new as well and have ready many helpful messages. any help needed someone always replies....

Kellissia (troyal147)

MyJourney
Tue, Mar-14-06, 14:56
Hi and welcome to the forums. I am not familiar with the rice diet, but it doesnt sound very pleasant. Honestly, one week isnt nearly enough time to give any way of eating a chance. I know instant results are nice, but in my opinion you need to give something at least 3 months before you can really decide if its something you can live with. Low carbing is a way of eating, not a quick fix diet where you eat low carb foods until you reach your goal weight and then eat whatever you want. You really need to change your eating habits for the rest of your life. It is a decision some make for weight loss, some for better health and many for both. What I suggest is that you research the various plans, find a plan that you think you can stick to, get the book and read it. After you read the book you should stick to that plan for at least 3 months and then reexamine your situation. The weight didnt come on in a week and it isnt going to come off in a week. Bouncing from plan to plan every week is only going to mess up your metabolism. The bottom line is that its going to take time, effort and commitment but in the end you will benefit from it with better health and a slimmer waist line.

terracrsta
Tue, Mar-14-06, 16:24
I'm with the post above. Trying any new diet for a week only isn't going to reflect how the diet will work altogether. Low carb is a great choice - I was very skeptical at first myself. Now I'm 50 pounds lighter and still going strong. Plus, there's a huge forum right here of helpful people 24/7. Try it out for awhile, and you won't want to stop.

JandLsMom
Wed, Mar-15-06, 00:24
if you have 70 lbs to lose a quick fix diet won't work. I will tell you this...i have tried atleast 50 different diets over the years and was NEVER able to lose more than 20 lbs on any of the diets i tried..WHY?? because i had too many cravings. I did atkins in 2003 and lost 81 lbs, then i got pregnant and went off of it, or i would have went all the way with my weigh loss at the time. The best thing about LC is that it takes away the cravings because you arent putting any sugar or other offending substances in your body! i LOVE not craving after craving for soooo many years! i HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try this..give it a month commitment! By the way..you will lose FASTER on this diet than ANY OTHER...thats a fact!! now what are you waiting for..run out and get Dr. Atkins New Diet REvolution and read it..and get started!