PDA

View Full Version : New LC'er

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

If Only
Tue, Mar-14-06, 13:38
:wave:
Hi, I am new to the LC world. I have gained a great amount of weight and I am very unhappy with it.

I had been in Atkins for a week and love it. I also noticed I am a carb-addict since I had eliminated the constant need to be munching with this form of eating .

Still, I realize that must of the weight I lost had been water and I am wondering if I should stop induction in a week or keep gong.

Also, in the past I would loose 3-5 pounds in 1 day but, maybe due to my age, I am not getting those results anymore.
Could it be this diet is not for me? I hope it is since I love it and I love how I feel while in it.
BTW, I walk daily and go to the gym 1 to 2 times a week.

Also, I would love to find a partner in one of you so we can check on each other often and find help thru the ruff times.

:thup: Awesome site!

SidC
Tue, Mar-14-06, 23:00
Hi, welcome to you. Isn't it great how Atkins means no hunger, no cravings? True that much of the initial weight loss is water, but that's just your body readjusting to this way of eating (WOE).

And losing 9 pounds in your first week on this is great, not something to worry about. Seriously - you say that in the past you lost 3-5 lbs in one day, but did that weight stay off? IMHO, stick it out for another week on induction, then start gradually adding the carbs back in at 5 grams more per day each week until you find out what you can tolerate. You say that you feel great and you're loving it - so why would you want to change at this point? You're doing great.

scrapbookr
Wed, Mar-15-06, 08:43
Welcome to the forum! Keep going past week one. This is a lifestyle change and The more you practice your new way of eating the better you will feel and the smaller the pants size!

Paleoanth
Wed, Mar-15-06, 09:05
Welcome! Since you like Atkins so far, it should be pretty easy to stay on it. Generally speaking, you can expect to lose 10% of your weight in the induction phase and then 5% a week after that. So, it might be slower than you want, but just be patient.

If Only
Wed, Mar-15-06, 11:23
Thanks, it is like magic! WHo would have told me that eating the thigs I like would aid me loosing weight!
Anyway, thanks for your encouragement and I love Sue Grafton saying, LOL, good choiceof words!

mrstmitch
Wed, Mar-15-06, 12:53
Also, in the past I would loose 3-5 pounds in 1 day but, maybe due to my age, I am not getting those results anymore.
Could it be this diet is not for me? I hope it is since I love it and I love how I feel while in it.

Hello, and WELCOME!!!
Be prepared to accept that the rate of your weight loss will slow down as you go along... keep at it, and be patient!! You're doing GREAT! :agree: