PDA

View Full Version : MY plan and goal, pls give me courage

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kinkin1
Wed, Jan-02-02, 22:03
MY plan and goal, pls give me courage

I will try to lose 20 lbs in a month. I have been a fat boy for about 10 years.... It is a long period of time. I have tried to lose weight for this 10 years. I used to be success in one and a half year ago. At that time I have lost 35lbs, and i were 148 lbs (5'8 height). I felt at that time, all of my friends told me that " Hey man, u have lose weight and look much better.". At that time, it was really very very very happy. It had never happen before in my life. However after about 9 months to 1 year. I have gain back all my weight. It am now about 180 lbs something.

I must have to lose 20 lbs before Feb.

In my plan I will not have a strict diet, I will only concentrate on my exercise. It is because in my experence, everytime after i have a strict diet, i will eat much much much more. And all the weight will gain back very fast, even heavier than before.

Thus what i have planned is that i will keep away from all the fried and oily food, but keep normal diet on other foods.

I want to joy two times a day. One in the morning and the other in the evening. Everytime not jog not less than 40 min.

I will report my process every week, so that everyone can notice what i have changed.

pls give me the courage to lose weight

Karen
Thu, Jan-03-02, 02:23
Hello kinkin1. I hear your anguish, but I can't give you courage. What I can do is give you support by directing you to the tools and information required to be successful. With following through, you will be amazed and thrilled at what you have done. Your new plan will have worked and your goal will come true. Your courage will grow day by day as you see what you can accomplish by a little reading and doing.

I really want to help you with this, and in helping you I have to tell you thet way you eat is what made you fat in the first place. Cutting out fried foods and jogging your butt off won't make a permanent difference.

The reason why you gain weight back is because you view weight loss as a short term diet. With low-carbing you change your way of eating forvever. It is a wonderful way of eating and because you are male and young, the fat will melt right off of you.

This is a few link I would like you to read. It is the story of Afrobob who lost weight but viewed what he was doing as a diet. He lost weight, then went back to his old way of eating. When you read it, start at the bottom and work your way to the top.

Afrobob's Story (http://forum.lowcarber.org/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=29441&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

Read this post by a member who just joined the forum. He is a year younger than you.

Jeff's Introduction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=239679#post239679)

I would also like you to go out and get the book Protein Power and read it religiously from cover to cover. Then, use the forum as a resource and for support.

You can do this!

Karen

kinkin1
Thu, Jan-03-02, 08:48
Thank you very much for your supports and helps.
I have never surf to a diet forum before, it is my frist time to post a message about my weight loss program.

Since most of my friends (may be all) are thin and slim. No one need to lose weight. Thus lossing weight is my own battle only. I cannot discuss this with my friends. They dont know what is my feeling and difficulties. I am glad to find a place I can express myself.

Your are right, i have to change my diet habit in order to have a long term result. "low carbing" is the choice? Thus I has to cut down the proportion of carbohydrate in my diet(like starch, rice, noodle, any cereal product and sugars). And up a level that my body use fat as the energy source, then i can burn fat my effectively?

Ok, i will start "low carbing" right now and keep it for a long time. My old diet habit may be wrong. In the old day, i need cereal in very meal. No matter breakfast, lunch or dinner. And i found that it is hard to lose weight for the last ten years. "Low carbing" is new to me, but i will try my best to follow it.

Thank you Karen, you are so helpful and this site is so passionate.

Karen
Thu, Jan-03-02, 11:57
kinkin1. Please take my recommendation of getting the Protein Power book and reading it before you begin. LC is like taking a journey to a distant place on foot. You would need a map to do this, right? So do yourself a big favour and get the book before you begin.

Karen

kinkin1
Thu, Jan-03-02, 17:33
Thank you very much Karen,

I have got the book, but i am not sure is it the one u have recommended me.

It is Protein power / Michael R. Eades & Mary Dan Eades. New York : Bantam Books, 1996.

I will start real through soon.

Thank you very much

Natrushka
Thu, Jan-03-02, 19:47
kinkin1, that's the book. You'll find it very helpful and informative - it's got answers to just about all the "how's" and "why's" of LC in plain English and in scientific terms.

Happy reading,
Nat

Victoria
Tue, Jan-08-02, 18:27
Kinkin1,
I am glad you have got the book Protein Power to get started on your way. Karen is very knowledgeable and recommends sound advice. I know you will see progress when you change your way of eating. I will look in on you periodically to see how you're doing. Don't be afraid to ask questions, if you have any. ;) Victoria

razzle
Tue, Jan-08-02, 19:04
Best of luck to you! Great going with getting the PP book--it's wonderful.

I'd also encourage you not to set weight loss goals--because your body may or may not meet them! As long as you're eating healthily (no grains or sugars or potatoes and good green veggies and meats), the weight will come off. As we learn to eat right, our bodies take their own time in adjusting, which no act of will can force to change to a schedule of our choosing. You may well lose 20 pounds in a month, but if you lose 15, don't feel as if you've failed!

As someone who has lost a lot of weight several times, I can promise you, learning how to eat right in a way that will keep fat off is FAR more important than getting it off quickly. In two years, you won't even remember how long it took; you'll just be feeling great about yourself.

Now, go get 'em! :)