PDA

View Full Version : having a hard time w/ induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

FatTues
Thu, Mar-09-06, 16:07
Hi All. I have been enjoying all of the posts I've viewed in the last few days. This site seems like it's going to be very helpful! I lost 30 lbs a couple years ago eating LC, but lost my head and gained it back. I am having a hard time during induction this time. I'm 9 days into it and have only lost a few lbs. I bought some ketone stick to make sure my body is doing what it's supposed to and I am registering on the sticks - so I guess I'm good there. I just remember it coming off so much faster the first time. From what I have read, it looks like I'm not the only one to have this issue. I know I can do this...I've done it before and loved it and love the results! I know I need to add more exercise to my daily routine. Maybe that will help.
What should I do if I reach my 14 days of induction and don't loose more than a few pounds?? Should I still try to stay with Induction for another week? Any info is appreciated.

JaneDough
Thu, Mar-09-06, 18:32
You'll have to decide how long to stay with Induction on day 15, because everyone is different. However, Induction serves several purposes, with weight loss being just one of them. In the long run, it could be that you'd lose better eating more carbs. Think about progressing to OWL; it's only an initial increase of 5 carbs a day, and if you stop losing or start to gain, you can return to Induction-level carbs immediately. We'll be here to cheer you on as you figure out what works for you in the here and now.