PDA

View Full Version : And Here I go again...starting over

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

think_thin
Thu, Mar-09-06, 15:12
OK...so it has been almost a year since I have been on this website...Life has been busy. Seems I have been busy losing 50lbs and gaining back 60!!!! So here I go again...is it actually possible to do it al over again? I am stuck wondering how I lost my motivation and how I am going to stick to the lifestyle...fourtunatly I have come across a great website with tons of recipes for induction and what not. I have been back on low carb for 3 days now, and feeling great...just need to stay motivated!!!

think_thin
Thu, Mar-09-06, 15:22
Oh and BTW the website if anyone is interested is http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/induction_menus/induction_menus.html

Alura
Thu, Mar-09-06, 15:39
Very good information..I need the ideas!! Good luck with your 60 el bee, journey!!

Ptrcmcc6
Wed, Mar-15-06, 14:52
I'm in the same boat as you, think thin. Here I am a year later with the 20 lbs I've lost back on again. Linda's website is wonderful for low carb recipes. I found that website last year and have tried a few of her recipes. I especially like her quiches and her picnic salad is a really good replacement for potato salad at those summer bar-b-ques.
I just got on the bandwagon again and hopefully, it will work this time around. My problem is the convenience of all those high carb foods. Not to mention, I have a husband and 2 sons who are not low carbing and I still have to cook for them. They are meat and potato kind of guys so I have to make the mashed potatoes just about every night.
I've decided this time around I am going to stay clear of all the "white" starches and carbs. I won't give in to convenience or, at least try harder not to this time around. I am also going to try to make some of the desserts in her website and refridgerate them so I can have something when the cravings start. Desserts are my downfall. Especially late at night when I shouldn't be eating. In fact, I'm on my way to the grocery store to get ingredients I had found on the recipe section of the America Diabeties Assoc. website. It's for a Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake. It calls for sugar and graham cracker crumbs which I am going to replace with splenda and pecans which I will grind in my food processor. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Fikirimi
Wed, Mar-15-06, 17:38
I'm starting over again, too! Just found this forum day before yesterday. It really does help to have others to talk with about these things, but up til now I've been unable to. I have no family to speak of, and even though I've lived in my present location for six years, it's really hard to make new friends the older you get. Everyone already has their family and their friends, and they don't need new ones.

But even at work, we've all been subject to those well meaning but horribly ignorant, nosy or hurtful comments and the unwanted and completely inappropriate advice. I keep pretty much to myself. I feel I can open up here, where we're all going through the same struggle.

Change is hard, particularly when it concerns your metabolism. But we are all back here now, trying again, seeking each other's wisdom and support. Three cheers to the Starting Overs!!!

P.S. I agree, the white stuff is the wrong stuff, unless it's cream or cheese!!! :)