PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ricamortys
Wed, Jan-02-02, 20:47
I have been considering a LC diet for sometime now and today I finally started the Atkins diet. I have a some success in the past with high-carb/low-fat diets, but I was miserable the whole time. I am reading the Atkins book and it sounds almost too good to be true, but when I browse this forum I see some pretty significant results.

I look forward to seeing a smaller me.

Andy Davies
Wed, Jan-02-02, 21:08
Hi Ricamortys,

Hello and welcome. I love your sense of humour, not only from your name, but also in the line "I look forward to seeing a smaller me". Sheer poetry.

Yes, it does seem too good to be true, because we have been hoodwinked all our lives into thinking that being overweight is our own fault, and that we have to suffer to change things. The truth is that our metabolism cannot cope with carbohydrates. Restrict them in your diet, and you will lose weight. Nothing to do with how much you eat.

You have chosen well to commence a lowcarbing way of life, and we here will give you every encouragement to do well at it.

I suggest that you browse around the site a while, and read for an hour or two. When you feel ready, start a journal, and we will check in to make sure your questions are being answered, and you are staying on track.

Good luck,

Andy

Sharon
Wed, Jan-02-02, 21:16
Hi, welcome to the Lowcarb Forum. We certainly hope to hear "more" from you!!!

Lowcarbing will work, if you're serious about losing weight and changing your eating habits.

Good luck.