PDA

View Full Version : Can Suclarose Cause a Stall?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

barry_jd
Wed, Mar-08-06, 09:00
I am wondering about how "splendid" Spenda really is. Does this stuff cause stalls in some people?

poisinivy
Wed, Mar-08-06, 10:09
Yes, it most certainly can. Just as any of those other "modified/recreated" sugars on the market out there. Many people are totally unafeccted by these things, I myself am extremely sensitive to the stuff. Splenda messes with my heart murmur and makes me sick to my stomach and woozy as hell.........in addition to stalling me out.

Even if you aren't sensitive to these things, I'd refrain from them as much as possible. IMO, they only help to continue the "addiction" cycle we are all trying to break. I prepare everything I eat, even my chocolate ice cream, that way I can control what's in it and ensure that it is exactly in line with my WOE.

barry_jd
Wed, Mar-08-06, 10:11
Thanks!

Regarding your comment; "keeping the addiction" - Point well taken!