PDA

View Full Version : Water vs. Other Drinks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jenn123
Mon, Mar-06-06, 16:54
Is there any LOGIC or BIOLOGY behind forcing yourself to drink water to the exclusion of other beverages? I mean, I LOVE water. I crave it in the morning, when I'm working, after exercise. I'm not against water and if I could have only two beverages in my life it would be water and milk.

But let's face it. Sometimes water just sucks. I get nausious thinking about it after about 2 litre's worth. I do, however, like to drink diet soda, Crystal Light, Green Tea, etc. at those times.

So I mean, if I mix up a jug of Crystal Ligh, and one LITTLE packet goes into a pitcher with several glasses' worth of water, why all of a sudden shouldn't that count toward my water consumption? Why doesn't the water in green tea count? Is there a logic or biological reason behind it, or is it more in an effort to prevent people from consuming ONLY chemical-laden pops and drinks?

I mean, it makes sense that orange juice doesn't count as water, and milk doesn't count as water. But if a drink I make up (tea, crystal light) is 99% water, I think it should count, shouldn't it?

Jenn

klc145
Mon, Mar-06-06, 17:37
Hey Jenn! I count water in tea/Crystal Light etc. towards my daily consumption...just my way of doing it though, YMMV ;)

juniebug15
Mon, Mar-06-06, 17:42
Hi Jenn,
I count my other drinks too. My dietician said that if there's no caffeine I can count 1-for-1 but if there is caffeine it should be counted 2-for-1 (for example: drinking 2 cups of black tea would equal 1 cup of H20).
Junie

Jenn123
Mon, Mar-06-06, 22:39
Thanks for clarifying! That means I am getting about 1 ounce per pound of body weight!!! :)