PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

yogamom
Mon, Mar-06-06, 14:58
:wave: I decided that this year's resolution would be to ring in my 30's by feeling 20. I joined a gym, and a week later joined a friend on Atkins. I was less than enthusiastic when she told me her intentions in December, but she got me to do something noone else had--I read the book (DANDR). And I cried. You see, I had gained 40 pounds in 3 years--Drinking Slimfast!!! In addition, I was angry, anxious, depressed, and constantly fatigued. My relationships with my husband and children were suffering. I was considering therapy. There was nothing wrong with my life, but I knew there was something wrong with me. I just didn't know what. I saw my doctor who ordered some tests and suggested I keep a food diary (he thought I was eating more than I realized). 2 months later, I've lost almost 20 pounds, and all of my previous problems have melted along with the weight. The person who was suffering in my life is gone, and I'm back. As great as I feel, I'm starting to wonder how long this can keep up. I feel fantastic, but I was a girl who all my life would take bread over any food any day. I don't think I'm losing steam--it's still pretty easy, but I feel like I need to add an element to keep on track. That's where you guys come in. I've been a visitor here since I went LC, and now I'm ready to join the community.

I'm so thankful that you're here. And that I'm here too. I feel like I've just found the secret to a happy life!

seesah
Mon, Mar-06-06, 15:09
Hi there Yogamom! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! I know exactly how you felt!
I felt that way too!

This place has been the best! Don't know what I'd
do without it! I've made so many new friends here and
gotten so much support.

Hope the best for ya & you can visit me anytime! ;)

mjoy
Mon, Mar-06-06, 15:41
Welcome Yogamom!!

You *can* stick with this WOL and this forum will REALLY help!! Everyone here is SO supportive and will help you every step of the way. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you're doing GREAT!!!!

Josiemk
Mon, Mar-06-06, 15:57
Hi Yogamom,

Congrats on the 20 pounds lost. You will feel like your in your 20's again. I felt younger in my 30's then I did in my 20's because of the Atkins diet.

Plus there's so many supportive people it's a great place to meet new people.

Starting a journal is a great idea you can write down what your eating , what your doing & your progress.

Kristine
Tue, Mar-07-06, 08:16
Welcome. :wave: I felt that way, too, shortly after starting. The turnaround in my health - especially my chronic depression - was nothing short of amazing. It was as if a missing puzzle piece fell into place.

I'm about to enter my fifth year of LC eating. I used to be a complete junk food junkie, so if I can do it, anyone can. That doesn't mean I've never eaten "off plan", but it's a rare treat now, not a three-dimes-a-day habit like it used to be.

Much continued success to you. :sunny: