PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis: Do I have to worry?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jenn123
Mon, Mar-06-06, 12:59
Hi all,

REAL quick question. This morning I showed DARK purple. Super dark. I feel fine, energetic, just burning lots of fat (hopefully...) should I worry? Am I in danger of going into ketoacidosis or would that require a bunch of OTHER factors? Is there any risk of continuing like this, or should I just be happy?? :)

Thanks!

Jenn

ketojoe
Mon, Mar-06-06, 15:05
I wouldn't worry too much. But make sure you drink at least a gallon of water a day. You will notice more ketones in the morning and evening. During the day if you are active they will be less (they are getting used up). Stay hydrated.

JandLsMom
Tue, Mar-07-06, 14:44
no, you aren't in danger of going into ketoacidosis, unless your diabetic. Just follow the plan and don't forget to drink water!

droppin
Thu, Mar-09-06, 11:14
would you give me a idea of what you should eat if your trying to stay below 20 carbs a day?

bl8r
Thu, Mar-09-06, 11:22
Lotsa veggies, lean meats, eggs, fats like butter, oil, salad dressings (without sugar) should easily keep you under 20 carbs. Don't eat too much processed meat, it's full of sodium and will make you retain water, plus bacon and sausage have nitrates wich arent good either. If you're dark pink you are probably dehydrated, try to get more water in and it should lighten up. My doctor said it's safest to stay in the light pink range, (by drinking lots and lots of water) otherwise the keytones can be hard on your kidneys

bl8r
Thu, Mar-09-06, 11:23
:wave: PS hope that helps!