PDA

View Full Version : A New year - A New ME!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

upncomer
Wed, Jan-02-02, 13:25
Hello all!! I have decided to begin my journey towards a healthier and happier mind and body tommorrow (well, I am getting the book tonight!!). I will be losing via the Atkins program, which I had purchased and should be arriving on my doorstep by the time I get home from work.

I have quite a few health issues (spinal surgeries, diabetes, osteoarthritis, to name a few...;0) ) so the exercise is going to take a little longer than I would hope, but I am beginning a water training program geared toward limited movement because of the surgeries.

I am very focused THIS TIME; moreso than I ever have been before. I've a long way to go but baby steps are better than no steps at all!

I look forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas with you all - take care.

razzle
Wed, Jan-02-02, 15:40
welcome! you may well find your symptoms improving on LC. Best of luck, and keep posting. :)

Mindyd
Wed, Jan-02-02, 15:45
You've found the right place for support - and I admire you for even thinking about getting into a program - you seem like you've got your hands full with all your other issues.....but this is the perfect complement program for your diabetes....

Welcome aboard - check out the journals - start one of your own and my biggest piece of advice is to drink LOTS OF WATER! That is truly a key thing on this program.....

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Regards,

Mindy

LC Sponge
Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:45
Welcome!

I'm sure glad you found us. You will have a hoot reading the Atkins book - I giggled my first hour through it (wait till you get to the Snack suggestions and he starts talking about deep-fried bacon wrapped cheese) I just about fell off my (at that time) low FAT butt!! ;)

Anyway, low carb is actually FUN, so enjoy yourself.

upncomer
Wed, Jan-02-02, 20:22
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am slightly uncomfortable with this support group kind of thing - I've always been one to do what I need to do on my own. But, I suppose that could be one of the reasons why I've never stuck to a diet for any length of time!

The books arrived on my doorstep just as planned and I have been poring over the material as fast as I can. This sounds too good to be true! :daze:

groovygirl
Wed, Jan-02-02, 20:34
No need to feel uncomfortable here. No flames or negativity - finally, I'm home. And I've only been here a week!

Welcome, welcome!! :bhug: I'm looking forward to reading about your success.

Winter
Sun, Jan-06-02, 03:10
I have to admit that when I was first reading through this particular forum that I found it almost too good to be true. I kept waiting for some sort of negativity or something that might hit hard. (I had been reading through many trying to read any tips and ideas I could pick up to help me but never finding one I wanted to participate ind)
Anyways I found I kept coming back day after day and reading (and liking!) what I was seeing. So I joined, and it is the BEST thing I have done on this diet since choosing to do the diet!!
I am a newbie at the forum thing, and having only been here for a few weeks I say WELCOME!! The shyness does wear off and soon enough you'll be.
Congratulations on your future successes, I hope you post often to keep us informed.
:D

numberonewendy
Sun, Jan-06-02, 03:30
Welcome from me too :D

I couldn't believe no money was asked for when I first came to this site :p That was my first turn on...not like Weight Watchers, it near killed me to put 15.00 down every week just to be told how I did. While starving of course!

I to am on Atkins. I just love it. Lost weight really fast at the beginning, my fault lately for slowing down these days, not enough water and a few no no's.

Stick to it and you will be very pleased.

Look forward to more postings from you :wave:

K-Louise
Sun, Jan-06-02, 04:44
I was using another until I found this one. I can't believe how GREAT this is.

Welcome upncomer. I have no doubt you will be feeling so much healthier. This will really help you diabetic symptoms (speaking from experience).

:wave:
Kim

EllieEats
Sun, Jan-06-02, 15:22
Welcome Upncomer!!!

The weight will take time to lose BUT the feeling good part doesn't take long at all!! :D

No need to feel uncomfortable here---this is like a big family!! The world could take a few good lessons from this board!! (wouldn't that be nice)

Enjoy your books and come on back!!!
Ellie :wave: