PDA

View Full Version : New Member-Kellissia-let me introduce myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

troyal147
Fri, Mar-03-06, 18:06
First of all, I would love any comments that anyone has to offer me, I am willing try anything!

Well first off, I am 23 years old will be turning 24 this month. I work part-time which is part in due because I am also a parttime student and I also have a chronic pain disorder of TMJ. A lot of people don't believe that TMJ is real and dismiss it as being in someone's "head". I used to think that about some other illnesses untill I got the symptoms and began crying myself to sleep every night.

My weight background: I always thought of myself as fat. Well as I look back to my junior high and high school days I don't think that I was fat back then, but now I have packed on the pounds. I think part in which because I hit a major depression which food was my comfort, I also was no longer active in sports. I drove every day to school (20 miles away). My favorite foods were starches such as mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, rice, and it also worked for my Liquid/soft food diet only.

Two weeks ago I weighed myself at 237 and I am only 5;2'5;3, much over the average. I do have a bigger than average bone build, but that is still way too high. I saw a health psychologist and we are working through my "issues" as well as putting my on a diet of 30 carbs.

Now that I am through the first week and a half, my cravings are gone, and it has been a lot easier to resist those "comfort foods" that i once always needed. I have lost 10 pounds in almost 12 days. Now I am starting to exercise a little at a time. I want to lose a lot, I would love you to post how much you lost and how long it took you to lose it. Also, people around me at work and at home watching what they eat also helps me to watch what I eat. A year ago I never thought that I would be on a low carb diet since carbs is all I used to eat.

Please respond and feel free to email or add me to your messenger. If you want, plz send me some before and after pics, for some inspiration...I hope I feel at home here.
Troyal147

Silver155
Fri, Mar-03-06, 22:33
Welcome!

You'll find all sorts of inspiration as you travel through the site. Some in obvious places like the success stories forum and in other cases it will just hit home as your reading journals or general postings from fellow members and you realize you're not alone.

It's great that you're taking control and are seeking the help and support needed to make these changes in your life. Great start already with the 10 pounds!

I myself am following the GI Diet (Rick Gallup books) and lost 27 pounds in 30 days and it's now slowed down a little to a more reasonable 2 - 3 pounds a week. I still have a long way to go but I can barely begin to tell you what a difference just this drop in weight has made! More energy, general well being and better moods. Not to mention I was a recently diagnosed with PCOS (poly cycstic ovarian syndrome) and I've noticed an improvement in the symptoms already.

All the best with your journey!

saffron28
Sun, Mar-05-06, 09:55
Welcome to the group. I used to love and crave all the comfort foods you talked about. I had terrible mood swings, no energy, and generally felt crappy about life. Low carb has changed all that for me, and a big part of me staying low carb has been this site with all the warm, loving, supportive people here. They have even kicked me in the butt when I have needed it. I wish you all the best in working for a healthier you.

foxgluvs
Sun, Mar-05-06, 09:56
Click on the link for the gallery here on the forum, you'll be more than motivated by all the success there :)

troyal147
Sun, Mar-05-06, 10:29
I feel I will fit in here. Thanks all for the replies.....

troyal147
Sun, Mar-05-06, 10:29
I put my "ticker" picture on the bottom and not the url, so it changes as I change?
thanks

troyal147
Sun, Mar-05-06, 10:49
My health psychologist put me on 30g of carbs a day for the induction. I plan on being on this longer than two weeks. How many carbs does it generally jump to once you are finished with induction.

Thanks,
Kellissia

troyal147
Sat, Mar-11-06, 17:02
new ticker

troyal147
Sat, Mar-11-06, 17:06
work 00000000

GlendaRC
Sat, Mar-11-06, 17:16
I'm not familiar with the rules on South Beach but on Atkins, we usually start at 20g carbs for the first 2 weeks, then on week 3 we go up to 25, week 4 to 30, etc. until the weight loss stops. At that point we go back 5 or 10 until we get close to our goal.

I see on your profile that you haven't read any of the lo-carb books. May I suggest that you'll have an easier time following your doctor's suggestions if you get a copy of the South Beach book and read up on the rules?

Best wishes on your lo-carb, weight loss journey!

Glenda

troyal147
Sat, Mar-11-06, 17:38
on the South beach, it's just a low carb lifestyle...I lost 13.5 pounds, and have gained two back, while eating the same and adding exercise. I am at a loss here.