PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Saddle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lynnrea
Fri, Mar-03-06, 17:46
(Cross-posted in the Protein Power forum)

Today I'm starting my umpteenth low carb program. I've mainly done Atkins and Protein Power, am doing Protein Power now. I don't have a copy of the book in the house, so here's a quick question--How many carbs are alllowed per day in the induction phase? How long is recommended for induction?

I need to lose 30-35 pounds from my 5'9" frame. I'm 54 and fairly active. I lift weights and bicycle outdoors and on stationery bikes at least 3 times a week, burning 500+ calories per session. Per tests, my thyroid function is in the low normal range. Sounds like I should be Slenderella, huh? But my body fat measures ~34% and my BMI is something like 31. Bleah. I just eat too dang much.

Recent forays into Protein Power living have shown me that it's very difficult for me to shed more than a trace of ketones. And because I'm active, I get absolutely famished fairly often.

Anyway, enough already with the complaining. Here we go, and if those test strips don't show dark burgundy fairly soon, I'm gonna be irritated!

saffron28
Sun, Mar-05-06, 09:58
Welcome Lynnrea! I don't know much about Protein Power, as I am doing Atkins myself. I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and I hope you like it here. Good luck with your loss. If you ever want to chat just stop by my journal.