PDA

View Full Version : I need to loose some weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ohboy
Fri, Mar-03-06, 13:50
Hello Everyone...
I quit smoking a year ago in January and have put on 15lbs and feel horrible..I know that replacing cigarettes for food is not a good plan..I have heard that people have had a good success rate with the Atkins way of eating so I am going to try that, and of course some regular exercise..But my biggest downfall is I am a sugaholic..so any encouragement you can send my way will be greatly appreciated.. :help:

jesakit
Fri, Mar-03-06, 13:59
Greetings and welcome to the forum!
I just found this site two weeks ago and love it. Posting here is very motivating, so is the 100 day cheat free challenge, please feel free to check it out. I'm still smoking but figured I'd try to lose the weight first then the cigarettes (I promised my self I'd quit before 30).
Cheers!

ohboy
Sat, Mar-04-06, 17:25
Thanks for replying to my introduction where do you find the 100 day cheat free thing..I am new to this sight, and it will take me a while to figure everything out, and how it works..but thanks for already showing me some support..I see your mini goals I think that is a great idea, not so overwhelming that way..How did you do on the induction part of Atkins did you lose much weight..I start tomorrow on my induction plan.. :wave:

jesakit
Mon, Mar-06-06, 11:06
I've done induction before and it works just great. Lost about seven pounds in two weeks. Just stick to what it says in the book and don't go for any of those "low carb" products as they can actually end up slowing your weight loss down.
I didn't go through induction this time around because I'm getting in a lot of excercise and it's tough on such a low amount of carbs.
To get to the challenge on the forums web page there should be a "Countdowns, Buddies, and Challenges" forum go there and dig around.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Laydebleu
Mon, Mar-06-06, 11:10
Congrats on quiting smoking. Welcome to the forum. I wish you great success with your new way of eating.