PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Robert
Tue, Jan-01-02, 17:28
I'm starting tomorrow on a low carb diet and I would love to get recipes for some chicken and fish dishes. I don't eat red meat. Also, any suggestion on side dishes would be appreciated. I'm 32 years old and have been overweight most of my life. At this point I'm the heaviest weight in my life at 310 and I'm very disappointed in myself for letting my self get this heavy. I have zero energy and I'm sick and tired of being overweight. I had a taste of what it was like being at a normal weight and I felt great. I was heavy as a child but did get down to 175 pound from 275 when I was in my early twenties. I would love to get down to around 210-220. I could use all the encouragement I can get and maybe a pen pal to help me stay on the right track.

alto
Tue, Jan-01-02, 18:01
Hi, Robert. Welcome -- and good luck. At the top of the page there's an orange bar. You'll see a link to recpies as well as Low Carb Tips. You might want to check out both of those sections. Karen, one of the Moderators of this site, is a chef and has a lot of seafood recipes, so you may find something you like there. There are recipes posted on the website as well. I'm a simple cook, and found something posted by Raydie called "Sticky Chicken" a lifesaver my first two weeks. It's basically a lot of spices (marinate overnight, but the second time I made it, I skipped that step) and put into a crockpot. Lasts for days :)

Chicken is so versatile -- put in a pan and fry. Chicken tenders (dipped in egg, then grated parmesan); chicken wings; chicken legs. Roast a chicken breast and slice it. Chicken stir fry -- sliced chicken breast with any vegetable you like. Not to mention chicken salad (and tuna and salmon salad).

Because chicken and fish, especially white fish, are so low fat, you may have to watch your fat intake in a way you're probably not used to doing. You'll see here often "fat is your friend." While there are limits to just about everything in life, unless you really overdo it, don't be afraid of fat -- butter, cream cheese, cheese.

Good luck!

Squeezle
Tue, Jan-01-02, 18:08
Robert,

I just wanted to say HI and welcome you to this great forum!

Alto has already told you where to find some good recipe info, so you're covered there. I know what it's like to get to this weight and feel disappointed that you got there, but there is a solution and it works if you work it!

Best of luck! Why not start a journal and keep us updated there?

RamonaK
Tue, Jan-01-02, 22:49
Hi Robert .. I too can relate to you posting. It is like one day you wake up and say .. holy cow.. what am I doing? How did I let myself get this size. I learned to lovingly let that judgement of myself go and move on....

Now that I have found LC., I feel like I have a whole different outlook, new relationship to food., it is ok to love to eat... amazing... I have posted a few chicken recipes in the recipe section. THe Cheesy Spicy Chicken and the Chicken in Cream Cheese Sauce.. both are delish...

My best to you ..

Ramona