PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

therandom
Tue, Feb-28-06, 13:23
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but not so new to low-carb eating. I've done it a number of times to cut weight back, but this time I'm in desperate need of it. I work on Cicero Fire Department just outside of Chicago, and since I've been out of Paramedic school the pounds have been packing on...I'm at my heaviest I've ever been at 230 lbs. That needs to change fast! I'm currently on my way to becomming certified as an ISSA personal trainer, and I'm of the mindset that you should practice what you preach, so it's about time for me to get back into fitness mode. I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know that I'll help with any questions that I can just as I would like if people could help me when I'm in need of some answers :D

bkloots
Tue, Feb-28-06, 14:34
Yep--it's always good for a personal trainer to look like he/she walks the talk.

What's the gist of this "own plan" of which you speak? Looking to the future, it's kind of hard to help someone get back on track without knowing what the track is.

Best wishes.

mrstmitch
Tue, Feb-28-06, 19:13
Hi, therandom!! Glad you decided to join us! You will find a lot of help on this forum. Good to know you'll be around, too, because I would love to ask you some questions regarding training... :wave:
WELCOME!!!!