PDA

View Full Version : Breath Help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

layev
Tue, Feb-28-06, 05:10
:help:

Im doing really well on the Atkins diet so far everyone but ive noticed i sweat more - never used to sweat hardly at all even in summer, this is easy to deal with however as i brush floss and mouth wash 2/3 times a day depending on wether im working a full day or half ive noticed despite this I have well, not bad breath but its not nice either.

out of the mouth of babes my two yr old daughter said "mummy, your breath is stinky!", about an hour after brushing and all i'd had since was water!

Is there anything (gum/mints) anyone can reccommend that is safe to use on Atkins - im getting really self concious!!!!! :o :o :o

RedJodie
Tue, Feb-28-06, 05:50
I use sugarless gum (Excel Inferno, 1 carb per piece), just check the label to find the carb count on whatever you use.

riplips
Tue, Feb-28-06, 05:51
sounds ike your pretty ketonic (your body can't find any dietary carbs). thats okay but this might be your body telling you to eat some very moderate low gi carbs. celery is a natural breath freshener w/little carbs, also its good at deacidfying all the protein you are eating. drink green tea (i like mine w/jasmine flowers), this will freshen your breath also. you may need some vitamin c from strawberries and vegies like broccoli. vitamin c will help strenghten your gums and tissues in the mouth.

dreamseeds
Tue, Feb-28-06, 11:25
I just chew sugar free gum. Drink water and herb teas too:)

jeff-az
Tue, Feb-28-06, 12:51
I use Ice Breakers Liquid Ice
http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/icebreakersliquidice.asp

Saccharine
Tue, Feb-28-06, 14:39
I read that chewing even sugar free gum can cause an increase in insulin secretion for some people, so i'd err on the side of caution and go with celery and green tea. I cant stand celery by its self, but i love it with a tad of nut butter. mmmm.

Saccharine
Tue, Feb-28-06, 14:39
I also meant to add- make sure you're drinking tons of water- i think flushing out the ketones will help prevent them from being expressed so much in your breath. :)

Duparc
Tue, Feb-28-06, 16:18
I would agree with RipLips on this issue. It does appear (contrary to the opposing views of some) that the body requires some carbohydrates but no more than can be utilised by it in the course of the day. While nutrient dense ones are preferable they are not essential. Stay on the diet but if your breath continues to be embarrassing then raise the carb slowly and slightly until you achieve the proper balance which allows slower weight loss but fresher breath.

manaburrn
Tue, Feb-28-06, 21:04
I had to switch to Mitchum deodorant for the sweat.

Wildflowr6
Tue, Feb-28-06, 21:24
I use the Listerine pocket pack breath strips.....they do wonders!

layev
Wed, Mar-01-06, 03:37
Thanx guys!

i drink at least 2-3 litre of water per day and eat lots of green leafys!

its not too bad at the moment but the other day i musta been having a bad day!!

Duparc
Wed, Mar-01-06, 03:50
Wrong Layev! Sounds as if you were having a good day that jusr smelt bad!

Duparc
Wed, Mar-01-06, 03:51
(Slow movement again on the Net again this morning and hence the double re-take. I am supposed to be on a 2mb system)!

shopgirl28
Wed, Mar-01-06, 15:20
i use the listerine spray or the pocket packets too; i find that sugar free gum sometimes gives me cravings

layev
Thu, Mar-02-06, 03:14
LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Okay now ive learnt to look at halitosis in a different way! its a good thing Duparc!