PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Supermomm4
Mon, Feb-27-06, 12:22
Weird topic, but have you ever just looked back at your before picture and wondered how ... and the journey of where your at now ?
I hit my gallery pic today and could not believe it. Most of my coworkers knew me then and see me now, 8 months later. The compliments and comments seem to mean so much more now.
Wow ... something to think on today.

TariLuinwe
Mon, Feb-27-06, 12:59
I know what you mean. However, when I see my Gallery photo, I still have to double check to make sure it's really me....I just do NOT see myself that big! Even now, just shy of 20 pounds lighter and more inches smaller, I still do not recognize the person in the mirror. I guess I will have reached my goal when I can look in the mirror and say, "There you are! I was beginning to wonder if you would ever come around again!" :lol:

On the flip side, not recognizing myself has also been a perfect way to excuse my way of eating before I decided that enough was enough. If I kept doing what I was doing, then I wasn't facing reality....after all, it wasn't really me in the mirror, right? I finally had to get to the point that I WANTED to see the reflection of my mind's eye image I have of myself. And, interestingly enough, as I am beginning to see hints of her, I'm realizing that I have missed her!!!

Tari

Fatkat
Mon, Feb-27-06, 13:01
Looking at my old pictures keeps me going. Don't you just love Vegas..

You look great!
Kat

bbthemt
Mon, Feb-27-06, 13:13
Looking at my old pictures keeps me going. Don't you just love Vegas..

I looked at your pics this morning Fatkat, and you're inspiring! I started out a little heavier than you, and seeing your results makes me anxious for mine. Glad you shared those pics!!

(Tell me you were human and fell off the wagon once in a while! For some unknown reason, I just mindlessly plopped some M&Ms in my mouth which someone left on my desk! How dare they!!! HOW DARE I!?)