PDA

View Full Version : starting today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rita3
Tue, Jan-01-02, 14:07
Hi everyone, well as they say today is the first day of the rest of my life. I am starting my Atkins diet today. I have spent the past few weeks reading the book and am feeling ready to go.
I have to lose about 25 to 30 pounds and keep it off!!
I have been on the yo-yo thing now for 10 years. At my current weight I feel tired and ugly. Nothing fits and I get depressed even getting dressed :(
Looks like this is for me, everything I have read thus far fits the bill perfectly. Hope to meet a new buddy to go through this with. Anyone interested just email me. peace rita

emcqueen
Tue, Jan-01-02, 14:14
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Good luck to you Rita :) :)
You have begun very well. :thup: The people on this forum are very helpful and supportive. They have been quick to answer any questions..(even though most of them seem to be on a break at the moment...a WELL deserved break I might add!!!!!!!).
There are lots of places to confirm you new way of eating(WOE) is the best thing, for your health that you have done in a while.
Again, good luck and keep in close contact..........have you started your journal yet?
Liz

EllieEats
Tue, Jan-01-02, 16:26
Welcome Rita!!
And I think EMC is right--- its been quiet on the board today but you'll see all kinds of help coming your way right after the holiday!!
Start a journal for sure--- then others will pop in on you and check your menus out, give some helpful hints, and you can help others too!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Ellie :wave:

rita3
Tue, Jan-01-02, 17:08
Thanks for the welcome girls. Well it has gone quite easily today had a cold porkchop for breakfast, hardboiled eggs at lunch and tonight will have a salad, broccoli and chicken for desert.
A small snack earlier in the day was cheese.
Lots of water, LOL already drank 76 oz. feel like I am waterlogged hehehe.
I do have a major headache though don't know if that is just being here too long reading or chocolate withdrawals :D
Thanks again. peace rita

emcqueen
Tue, Jan-01-02, 19:19
Rita
If you go to the top right of the page to the 'search' facility, type in "withdrawal symptoms" :daizy:
you will get some answers. I too had the headache but I has caffeine to get rid of also. As well as that I have had a mid-ear infection that I was coping with, so I'm not sure if my headache was withdrawal related.
Good luck.........it WILL pass and you'll be great.
KEEP UP THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:daizy: :daizy: daizy:
Liz

mainelydeb
Tue, Jan-01-02, 21:21
HI RITA,

I'M STARTING THE ATKINS DIET TOMORROW AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BUDDY TO SHARE THE UPS AND DOWNS WITH. I'M TIRED OF BEING "FAT" AND WOULD LOVE TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF AGAIN. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE SUPPORT FROM SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS BEGINNING A NEW WAY OF LIFE.

GOOD LUCK.
DEBBIE

rita3
Wed, Jan-02-02, 07:11
Liz thanks for the tip with the search engine now I feel better knowing it is just a phase.
Debbie sounds great, I know I will need support to succeed also. Should I email you?
peace rita

emcqueen
Wed, Jan-02-02, 13:44
G'day
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Feel free to e-mail me anytime!!!!!!
You can do that most easily by clicking on my name, you will be taken to my profile...it asks you there if you want to send a private message.....click there!!!!!!
Or philmcqueen~bigpond.com will be a direct lin.....Good luck, there is lots to be learned in this forum........and have fun :D :D :D :D
Talk to you soon
:bhug: :bhug: :cheer: :cheer::cheer:
Liz

rita3
Thu, Jan-03-02, 08:37
Tried typing on your name and tried direct but it did not work. I must be doing something wrong. Can you give me a heads up?
Thanks peace rita

emcqueen
Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:25
:wave: :wave: :wave: Okay..try this
Go to the journal section ..I'm in D..to F???I think: whatever..I begin with "e"...so I'm in there!!!!
Where it says "thread starter" go down the list until you find my name which should highlight the names on the way dowm...when you come to .emcqueen........click to open to my profile.there you will find the "send a private message to emcqueen" and off you go...........if not then there is a message for you in my journal.!!!!!!! :) :)
Don't worry though........when you start a journal I shall plug into yours and we can exchange messages in that way. Feel free to use my journal to write to me..I love that!!!!!!:heart:
Liz

KristiTalm
Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:38
I just started today, and I do have a bit of a buzz going on in my head. I hear that is normal though.

I look forward to low carbing with you :)

mainelydeb
Fri, Jan-04-02, 10:34
Originally posted by rita3
Liz thanks for the tip with the search engine now I feel better knowing it is just a phase.
Debbie sounds great, I know I will need support to succeed also. Should I email you?
peace rita

That would be great, I tried to use the private message key to email you, but it would not let me. I really want this diet to work. I have to figure out how to do the journal, I think that will help me.

Debbie :wave:

emcqueen
Fri, Jan-04-02, 14:07
Well done, Mainlydeb!!!
To start a journal..open the journal that you will fit into (figuratively speaking, of course).......and simply start a "new thread"
:) :roll: :roll: . I will be looking forward to your first entry.
Liz

mainelydeb
Mon, Jan-07-02, 10:50
Thanks Liz,

I will try to get my act together and do the journal. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this site, not very good with computors.

Thanks,
Debbie in Maine :wave:

BurkeyB
Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:24
I will be on the same road as you it would seem. Wishing you every success. I will keep in touch with you to see how you are doing......