PDA

View Full Version : New on Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ggarrish
Sun, Feb-26-06, 20:32
Hi
I started atkins 20 days ago and have lost around 9 lbs. I don't mind the food so far, there is a lot of variety of proteins available. I'm a big protein eater anyway, so it just meant leaving off the carb accompaniments for me. The biggest challenge has been to eat regularly. I tended before to go all day without eating and then pig out at supper, but since I started Atkins I make it a point to eat at regular times. I always feel satisfied now and have very few cravings. I hope I can reach goal and then keep on track with a lower carb lifestyle, because I am a diabetic (still mild, diet controlled) and a low carb diet is very beneficial. Praise to all of you who are trying to gain control of your diet, and therefore gain control of your body.

Ginette
:wave:

saffron28
Mon, Feb-27-06, 04:58
Welcome Ginette and congratulations on losing 9 pounds so far. I congratulate you for taking control of your diet to manage you diabetes. Keep up the good work the benefits are well worth it.

mlk18sHuny
Mon, Feb-27-06, 13:32
Welcome to the forums Ginette! :)

boree
Mon, Feb-27-06, 13:47
Hi Ginette and welcome. I too am a diet controlled diabetic, so I understand what your saying. :) Good luck to you!

Connie

ggarrish
Thu, Mar-02-06, 10:19
Thanks
The biggest challenge I face is trying to schedule meals, both from the diabetic standpoint and the Atkins standpoint. I work 12 hr shifts 2 days 2 nights , so changing your clock around wreaks havoc on any schedule, appetite driven or clock driven
Good luck