PDA

View Full Version : new and confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

servant
Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:20
Hello,

I am new to the forum but not new to LC. I am joining because I have tried all of the LC diets out there Most recently Atkins and am now looking again at Sommersizing because I am not loosing an am infact gaining weight. I am sure that if I would stick to one or the other for a while I would for sure loose all of the 45 pounds I am carrying on my once tiny body. BUT... I am either on or off... completley. Black or White, up or down, in or out. That is me in aNUT shell.

I am so tired of not finishing that I am at my wits end.
But... I have joined a women's gym (last week) and I am here so... progress is good.

I guess I just really need know what will work and stay worked!

I lost about 25 lbs last year on the Zone or 40/30/30 plan but AS Soon as I went back to "tasting" a french fry, I was off again and I have continually gained weight.

So, here's to a good and successful LC year of freedom to just put something on and not worry about it.

Servant :wave:

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:31
Welcome, Servant :)

What works is different for everyone; but the main ingredient would have to be accepting LCing as a WOL (Way of Life). If you approach Atkins, Somersizing, the Zone, whatever, as a 'diet' then as soon as you return to your old eating habits the weight will start to come back on.

Finding 'the right plan' makes all the difference; you have to be able to continue on with your WOE (Way of eating) once you hit goal. Maintenance is as important and just as challenging as losing the weight; often it can be moreso. Somersizing is much less strict carb restrictive wise than Atkins; perhaps that will work better for you. Only you can decide. Or it could be that you require something that is more restrictive; to keep you from that 'first bite'.

One thing you should keep in mind, though. Because you have LCed in the past your body will be less and less responsive with each new attempt - your metabolism learns to to adapt and to trust you less. Persistance and perseverenace will be great assests.

Best of luck to you in this new year,
Nat

servant
Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:49
Hi Nat,

Thanks for your input. I know you are right about the change has to be more than just temporary and I have to be really convinced (in my heart or, know in my knower) that eating the "other" way of eating is the reason for my weight er... problem.

What you said about my body starting to adjust to these up and down diet spurts is causing me to actually slow down loss to a crawl. So I am hoping that my working out will give me a boost in that area.

It is really scarry to think that it could all just stop and stay this way. (fat). I know I can succeed but I have been so all over the place with all of the different diets, some 20 carbs, some balanced carbs, some very restrictive, some just follow the plan etc. that I feel like I have actually sabotaged my self by just wanting SOMETHING to work.

anyway, thanks for your support

Servant

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-01-02, 17:16
Servant, the great thing about adopting LC as a WOL, as opposed to a diet, is that the weightloss becomes a byproduct. If you eat like this (whatever the plan you choose) for the rest of your life your body will adjust to it and your metabolism will heal itself and you will end up at your ideal weight. Often the longview isn't an easy one to take, but it does make things more manageable.

Having a place like this forum to discuss the things that happen every day and to give and receive support from others going through the same things helps a great deal - or so I have found. During the times when you don't feel motivated or even like sticking with things seeing others succeed and achieve their goals can make a huge difference.

Hang in there,
Nat