PDA

View Full Version : carbs - not enough?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

riplips
Thu, Feb-23-06, 05:33
just started a week ago and my only complaint is a mild headache after 2-3 hours of eating - do i need more carbs. oh yea i'm underweight and trying to gain weight - my typical carbs in a meal are about 6-8 grams of low gi vegies and 8-10g low gi fruits - should i add more? my energy levels are great but that headache - ouch

RedJodie
Thu, Feb-23-06, 05:36
You're just experiencing the normal induction flu symtoms that affect most people for the first few days, it'll go away.

One question though, if you're trying to gain weight, why are you on a program designed to help people lose weight???

Bat Spit
Thu, Feb-23-06, 08:06
Actually RedJodie, Life without Bread can help low weight people put on additional lean body mass, as long as they keep their calories high enough and get lots of protein. Actually, all the low carb plans can.

Flu-like symptoms are normal during the first week of a major dietary shift. Drink more water, and it should go away soon.

riplips
Thu, Feb-23-06, 08:46
thanks for clearing up the info on lean body mass to the mis informed member. Already i feel so much stronger and have gained 2 lbs and the energy is abundant. i'll try the water and give it another week, :)

RedJodie
Thu, Feb-23-06, 09:17
I didn't notice the plan.