PDA

View Full Version : countdown to 190

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TammyL
Mon, Dec-31-01, 17:30
When I had my last child I was a whopping 220 pounds :mad: So after about a year I decided to go on a low carb diet, now I am 30 pounds lighter and feel better. I am taking on day at a time. I am now looking at going down another 20 pounds and hope to soon reach my goal weight. I can't beleive all the enegry I have and my kids will appreciate it more that I can get out and do more for them. :wave: Even my hubby think I look great and my confidence has soared. I feel great aboout myself. :D

jverhale
Fri, Jan-04-02, 15:38
Hi TammyL.

I too put on weight after my kids were born. I started out at 125# when I got pregnant with my daughter 13 years ago and started this WOE on Aug. 6 2001 at 223# almost 100# later. When I hit 40 I decided it was time to change the way my life was going. Since then I've lost 24 lbs but it is going very slowly, but like you said I feel better and am just taking it 1 day at a time.

Good luck to you. ;)

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-09-02, 12:30
Kids, you gotta love 'em. I started out at 145, by the time I had my second child I was 222, then the weight just kept piling on, finally hit 235, was totally misserable. Now that I've lost around 40 pounds, the energy is back and I feel so much better. The weight is coming off slow, but I think that is a sign it is true fat never to come back!

Good bye 40 pounds! (and more to come)

TammyL
Thu, Jan-10-02, 16:10
yes u are right you gotta love kids know matter how trying they can be. I hope to be at my weight by march. Then maybe I can really go out and celebrate. I know that once I get to my weight that I can stay there forever.

GatorGal93
Tue, Aug-20-02, 07:14
I was in the 190's just last October. I was still over weight, but not like I am today.

The doctor put me on a 1200 calorie diet and Prozac where I gained more weight.

I gave up and went back to the Atkins WOL in February and I stopped taking Prozac a few months ago.

I looked for this countdown club today because I am at my highest weight ever of 223.

'Hope we can support each other.

Julie
:sunny: :help: :sunny: