PDA

View Full Version : i am stuck

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IYONNA
Mon, Dec-31-01, 17:26
hi folks
i am new to this so please forgive me if i make a mistake,i have been on the atkins diet since10/22/01 and to date i have lost 25 pounds and now i am stuck, on christmas day i had 2 slices of choclate german cake and i have not lost another lb as yet or could it be it that time of month
please help i need to lose another 60 lbs before my birthday in august

starting weight=265
current weight = 245
goal weight = 170 :wave:

LC Sponge
Mon, Dec-31-01, 18:58
25 pounds in 2 months is amazing work.

Congratulations!!!

Now your body is taking a break. It's normal -happens to everybody. After it "rests" (you've put it through QUITE the trama with the weight loss) it will pick up again and you will be on a regular losing schedule.

I recommend you start a journal in the Journal section of this board. It'll help us "watch over you" and it'll help you review your success ! :)

razzle
Tue, Jan-01-02, 11:57
be kind and patient with your body. And learn from that cake that you can't have just one slice/bite without paying a weight-loss price. But you're not going to be able to control how fast you lose. It will slow down after the first month, and the thing to do is to be patient, think of this not as a diet but a way of life. So you'll balance out to a weight that is good for you, eventually.

Setting up unrealistic goals or making particular demands of weight loss rates isn't a great idea...it may happen for you, just as you wish but it may not. I only lose an average of a couple pounds a month now, and I've learned (finally) to be kind to my body, which I had abused with sugar for so many years. The fact it's still working at all is cause for gratitude and celebration!

I've lost over 50 pounds four times in my life and gained it back each time. I can promise you, the rate of loss isn't important in the long run. Changing your habits permanently so that you keep the weight off IS! best of luck!

IYONNA
Wed, Jan-02-02, 10:22
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY QUESTION, YOU KNOW I THOUGHT I DIDNOT LOSE ENOUGH WEIGHT I WAS BEATING UP MYSELF, WANTING TO LOSE MORE WEIGHT QUICKLY, IN MY LINE OF JOB I CAN"T AFFORD TO BE OVER WEIGHT IT CAN BE DANGEROUS,BUT I AM GOING TO TAKE IT EASY ONE DAY AT A TIME ,KEEP ON WALKING 5 DAYS A WEEK 5 MILES A DAY AND ENJOY MY F-A-T DIET,I'M SLEEPING BETTER,NOT HUNGRY AND MORE OVER MY PANTS IS LOOSE ON ME AND IT FEELS SO G-O-O-D
THANKS AGAIN
PS BEING FAT DOES NOT MEAN WE CANNOT DO OUR JOB LAST NITE(NEW YEAR DAY) I GOT INTO A FOOT CHASE AND I WON I CAUGHT THE GAL (SMILE) SHE WEIGHT 130,5'5 AND IS 22 YEARS OLD.