PDA

View Full Version : Yikes I bought a scale

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skimom
Mon, Dec-31-01, 14:39
Still in shock, and shaking in my boots. If there ever was a way to get me on the Adkins WOE, this was it.

So here I am folks; my name is Janeane, 47 female, mother of 2 boys 11 & 9, very happily married, homeschool stay at home mom.
5'11" and weigh 235#. Yikes!! :eek:

Good to make your aquaintence, and would appreciate all support :)

Sharon
Mon, Dec-31-01, 15:31
Hi Janeane and welcome from Snowy Ontario!!

Glad your found us. If you haven't, take some time to read the Lowcarb Tips located in the Orange bar at the top of your screen.

You might also be interested in reading the new thread started today on Induction Meals, in the Kitchen forum.

Good luck. Post Often. We'll be here for you, when you need us!!

LC Sponge
Tue, Jan-01-02, 11:08
Hi Janeane - and welcome - :)

Don't worry about the scale, it's all part of your initiation ;) You'll learn it is your friend, once you tame it.

Browse the Journal section here, and consider starting your own Journal. Helps keep you on track.

EllieEats
Tue, Jan-01-02, 16:36
Welcome Jane!!!
You've come to the right place for lots of motivation and information!!!
Theres a goldmine of tips in the treads here, and lots of friendly, helpful people!
Any questions.... ask away!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Ellie :wave:

skimom
Wed, Jan-02-02, 19:29
OK, I know it's all water weight loss. But it sure is darn encouraging to see the ole' scale go down. And the funny thing is that it really hasn't felt like it's been a big deal to eat right and drink water. Could it be that this is 'really' it?

Thank you Sharon, LC Sponge and Ellie for your kind words of support. You can't imagine how much they are appreciated. I live in a very small town and those who I come in contact with think I'm off my rocker when I tell them I've started Adkins.

LC Sponge, I took your advice and started a Journal. It seems a bit odd bearing my heart to all, but will 'get over it'. Good theraphy.