PDA

View Full Version : recent college grad GAINED weight!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hotenough
Tue, Feb-21-06, 15:42
So I know that most people gain weight in college, but I have found the opposite to be true. I am now away from our state-of-the-art recreation center. No more easy access to ellipticals, racquetball courts, and a climbing wall. I moved back in with my parents to save money and we live in the boonies. Plus, I don't want to join a gym and do just what I've been trying not to do...spend money! I have an excellent treadmill, but since our house was built in the 60's, we do not have the proper outlet for it. Everytime I use it, I smell burning rubber, and I get paranoid. I enjoy Tae-bo, but it's not enough variety and after just a few sessions w/ the vid, I'm bored and no longer sweat. Also, I've become a vending machine junkie. I work at a really tough, stressful job; so on my breaks, I run to the machines and buy a candy bar and a bag of chips. Now I am realizing that the $2 I spend every day in the vending machine could buy me a gym membership! So I'm starting this plan today. I'm going to exercise every time I get time. I'm going to MAKE time. No more vending machines. No more crappy cafeteria food (I work in a residential facility). AND TONS MORE veggies and water! I had a burger w/ 2 tablespoons of A-1 for lunch, a glass of water, a glass of diet cola; and for dinner (drumroll) I'm enjoying mild wings from BW-3's. If anyone thinks this sounds unhealthy...which is definitely does, please offer suggestions. I'm in this weird conundrum where I usually just eat really healthy, but my parents don't buy healthy foods, so I get stuck eating what they buy!!!

kutaylor
Tue, Feb-21-06, 15:48
Hey, about the gym membership-have you ever tried the FIRM workout videos?

Aquaholic
Tue, Feb-21-06, 15:55
Check out Slim in 6 at www.beachbody.com