PDA

View Full Version : cindygal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cindyngal
Tue, Feb-21-06, 08:48
Hey, I am 59 years old, and retired. I spend the five years taking care of my grandson and have let myself go. I am a diabetic, also have high chlosterol, and am very over weight. I need help and suggestions from all of you. I love to cook, work crosswords puzzles and love working in my yard. I love to walk, but right now it has been too cold and raining off and on. So far I have not been able to lose any weight. I am cutting out pepsis, and going to water and juices, lately we have been eating mostly vegtables. Don't know what else to say.

loserinnc
Tue, Feb-21-06, 09:03
Hi Cindyngal,
Welcome to the forum. Which diet are you on? I hope that you have much success. If you are lowcarbing I don't think that the juices are a good idea.You will get plenty of support and advice here. Everyone is so nice. You can also start a journal and everyone can come "visit" you.
Hope that you have a great day.

Lesle
Tue, Feb-21-06, 12:05
Hi from north Florida.
I am close to your age, and I know what you mean about the blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
I would suggest you check out Dr Atkins book from your local library to give you the best ways to get started.Also, just keep asking questions on here...another great way to learn.
Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!
Lesle