PDA

View Full Version : 4 Days in and I had to go out to eat

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dougie
Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:20
My boss "suggested" we go for Chinese. I ate mostly meat and a few vegies, but I am afraid of the sauces and coatings. Any thought of what I should do now? Do I not eat tonight?

Natrushka
Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:50
Well Dougie, I think now you may have to lop off an appendage, or at the very least pay some kind of painful penance ;)

What I would do however, is this: drink more water than normal for the next few days, keep watch over my cravings, and above all else, forget about it!

LCing is for the rest of your life, one meal wont make much of a difference.

Nat

bsayne
Mon, Dec-31-01, 16:51
I don't know Dougie...I think Nat had it right... lop of AT LEAST one appendage...and it may even be per course! Love it! This is not the first bump in the road you will experience, especially if you are truely making this a WOL!!! I have been LCing for a little while...long enough to know better...and I found myself at a chinese all you can eat Buffet this week end...the sushi was fairly easy...avoid the rolls and take the salmon and mackeral slices off raw...yea I llike it like that! The veggies is where I blew it...I asked for steamed....no, ok how about stir fry no cornstarch or flour or sauce...OK, good.....then they came...I saw the garlic right off but didn't taste the no sauce sauced untill I already had a mouthful of bok choy....the moral of the story is....anyone can make a mistake...I drowned my MSG and sugar sorrows in a ton of water and floated the mistake away by the next day...at least thats when my migraine from the MSG left!
Best of LC luck...and next time suggest the steak house!

Bsayne

Dougie
Wed, Jan-02-02, 08:24
Thanks guys. I guess soon or later it was bound to happen. I have been have good luck keeping the carbs low, but the pounds have yet to come off. I will stick with it.

HeyCE
Wed, Jan-02-02, 14:08
Dougie, we eat out alot as a family so I understand your woes! We had Chinese this past week so I chose their soup--vegies in a beef broth with 4 different meats (did not eat the carrots or baby corn in the soup) and had the chicken on skewers. I am sure there was something on the chicken but I chose not to fret and just kept on drinking that water. The family wanted mexican food the other day, so I chose the taco salad, but had it in a real bowl, not an edible one. Creative choosing is what we have to do eating out. And pizza with the family turned out for me to be a salad and one slice of pizza--but only the topping part! I didn't eat the crust (and I used to LOVE the crust!!!).

What I've tried to do is think about all my favorite places to eat, and consider ahead of time okay--if I go to Bennigan's, waht will I eat? The answer--grilled salmon w/butter and lemon with a vegie side order. Hold the rice. We eat LOTS Of Mexican Food down this way so I will have to watch that more than anything. By being an active-thinking-eater, it isn't too hard to plan to eat the right things even when forced to go to restaurants!