PDA

View Full Version : All about Me!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lauraW
Mon, Dec-31-01, 11:17
Hi everyone..

I am starting induction tomorrow..wish me luck! I have been reading the posts here for sometime..and am very impressed with the amount of support I have found here. I have always had a weight problem and have tried them all. I am impressed with the success that people have had here, and am ready to go for it. I know it wont be easy, but it will be worth it. I need to lose about 55 pounds and know it can be done. I am 37 years old, mother to 3 of my own and 2 of his...and a full time Nursing student. Any tips anyone has would be great...thanks!

Laura

bushong6
Mon, Dec-31-01, 12:37
Hello Laura! :wave: Since you have been lurking, you already know that this is THE place to be! :) Glad you've joined us!

Sharon
Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:13
Welcome Laura. If you haven't checked out the "Lowcarb Tips" section located on the top of your screen in the orange bar, you might try do that.

Glad you've been lurking and now decided to join us. Some folks feel more comfortable reading without posting, but I think you'll like joining in with the rest of us. Don't be shy.

Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

Mindyd
Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:35
Come on along Laura! This WOE is the only true way (in my humble opinion) to lose real weight - and not gain it back....but you have to stick with it - which is easy with the support you can get right here! :cheer:

There are tons of tips and information in the orange bar section at the top - and if you should decide to keep a journal - which I highly recommend - many long-time members (as well as newbies) will check in on you and help you if you have concerns...

My one big tip - WATER! You can't have too much and it will definitely help you along the way.

Congrats on your decision to begin a healthy new lifestyle and welcome aboard!

:wave:

Mindy