PDA

View Full Version : Low carb yogurt?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JadeEyes
Sun, Feb-19-06, 14:41
Kroger CarbMaster vanilla yogurt has 3 TOTAL carbs per container. As long as I remain within my daily 20, are they ok? They really kill the craving for something other than meat and salad.

Kristine
Sun, Feb-19-06, 15:18
It's not on the acceptable foods list, so if it were me, I'd wait until after induction. How about trying something induction-legal, like Pumpkin Bake (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=53253) or a similar cheesecake-like treat?

One of my favorites is a very simple mousse: 2 oz of whipped heavy cream, 2 oz softened cream cheese, and a tad of splenda and vanilla extract. Blend it together for a really rich treat.

Maddison
Sun, Feb-19-06, 15:36
I agree to waiting until indiction is over before trying the LC yogurt.

For me personally i cannot eat Dannon's LC yogurt w/o feeling those old familiar sugar cravings a half hour later. However I can eat SF jello w/ no problem. Everyone is different you just need to really listen to your body when introducing a new food.

When I want something sweet I pop a square of unsweetend chocolate in the microwave, then add a little splenda, a little heavy cream, and a drop of SF syrup (carmel, vanilla, etc.) I eat it, it cures my craving, AND miraculously it does not make me want to whip up a 10 lb batch of the stuff to feed my face (that is the true test to determine if you can handle a new recipie.) :)

Wildflowr6
Mon, Feb-20-06, 18:03
I agree to waiting until indiction is over before trying the LC yogurt.

For me personally i cannot eat Dannon's LC yogurt w/o feeling those old familiar sugar cravings a half hour later. However I can eat SF jello w/ no problem. Everyone is different you just need to really listen to your body when introducing a new food.

When I want something sweet I pop a square of unsweetend chocolate in the microwave, then add a little splenda, a little heavy cream, and a drop of SF syrup (carmel, vanilla, etc.) I eat it, it cures my craving, AND miraculously it does not make me want to whip up a 10 lb batch of the stuff to feed my face (that is the true test to determine if you can handle a new recipie.) :)
oh, your chocolate recipe sounds scrumptious!!!

It's VERY individual, as stated. I have no problems with Dannon's LC yogurt or SF Jello, but I would recommend waiting till you are off induction. Some LC products DO create huge cravings for me, so I stay very far away from them!

Pandora23
Tue, Feb-21-06, 12:19
I believe that the brand you are refering too does not have L. Acidophilus in it which is one of the major health benefits to yogurt. I prefer Blue Bunny Carb Freedom.

Brennabug
Tue, Feb-21-06, 12:28
i know personally i cannot do te LC yogurt of ANY type, it send me spiraling into a sugar craving within the hour. Ridiculous since it is so low in carbs, but if you read the label, it contains sugar.. AND lactose (milk sugar) avoid dairy during induction unless it is the cheese. ( i am even trying to avoid cheese at this point too.

Just my 2 cents

Brenna

sennypoo
Wed, Feb-22-06, 17:05
Can you eat all of these yummy recipes on induction???