PDA

View Full Version : Yep... another newbie...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DebraAnnG
Sun, Feb-19-06, 06:34
:wave: Hi everyone,

Today is officially my first day of Atkins Induction. I am not new to Atkin's and have had success on it many years ago, but it is the same old song... you go back to eating the way you used to and guess what happens?? I have to approach it differently this time around and look at it as a change in lifestyle and not a diet, easier said than done I am sure.

I have an arsenal of low carb cookbooks and recipe links so at least I won't get bored and I do like to cook and try new recipes.

My excercise routine is 30 - 45 minutes a day on my eliptical trainer plus some resistance... (need to increase the resistance excercises).

Yesterday in preparation for Atkin's day 1, I discovered the most valuable weight loss aid ever invented... it is called a garbage disposal! I was about to sit down and eat what was left of the potato chips and I decided to run the water, flip the switch and feed them (almost in a ritual fashion) to the garbage disposal.... how liberating!!! Next went the donuts, followed by the pasta... just think of all the carbs I avoided eating!! I am ready!

DebraAnnG :D

cajuda
Sun, Feb-19-06, 07:25
Yesterday in preparation for Atkin's day 1, I discovered the most valuable weight loss aid ever invented... it is called a garbage disposal! I was about to sit down and eat what was left of the potato chips and I decided to run the water, flip the switch and feed them (almost in a ritual fashion) to the garbage disposal.... how liberating!!! Next went the donuts, followed by the pasta... just think of all the carbs I avoided eating!! I am ready!

Good for you!! Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to come to for inspiration, tips and recipes. Good luck.

thecripple
Sun, Feb-19-06, 08:15
I was about to sit down and eat what was left of the potato chips and I decided to run the water, flip the switch and feed them (almost in a ritual fashion) to the garbage disposal.... how liberating!!! Next went the donuts, followed by the pasta... just think of all the carbs I avoided eating!!

love it !!! That is awesome !!!! Good Luck in your journey.This site is the best. Stacy

SugarFluff
Mon, Feb-20-06, 03:06
By disposing of all that garbage you're already off to a great start. Congrats!

Marvin
Mon, Feb-20-06, 03:07
welcome!

:)