PDA

View Full Version : How Long Does It Take For Your Body To Get Rid Of The Carbs....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lorigmnp
Sat, Feb-18-06, 20:44
ONCE YOU HAVE CHEATED AND ENJOYED THOSE HORRID CARBS? HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE B4 MY BODY GETS BACK INTO THE FAT BURNING ZONE.
I FEEL BAD .. I DO SO GOOD AND THEM ON THE WEEKENDS I HAVE ONE DAY THAT I CHEAT BUT I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT THE WAY BECAUSE THEN I FEEL BAD THE NEXT DAY GETTING BACK ON THE TRAIN OF LCARBING'.

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT HOW TO HELP ME GET PAST THE NEED OF THAT CHEAT DAY ECT ..... :q:

Frederick
Sat, Feb-18-06, 23:19
About 3 or 4 days...

However, vigorous excercise can get rid of it in a day or two.

manaburrn
Sun, Feb-19-06, 03:33
It all depends on how many carbs you've eaten, and how much glucose your body can store. You'd have to do some pretty heavy-duty cheating to store 3 or 4 days worth of glycogen; that's just not likely. You would have to eat and drink and gain about 6 pounds of pure glycogen.

And the "NEED OF THAT CHEAT"? You don't need to cheat. You know you don't need to cheat, you just have to build up the will power, and find "replacements" for your carb cravings.

HalfPass
Sun, Feb-19-06, 05:48
In my personal expierence, and I am a little obsessive about checking with keto sticks, it only takes about a day and a half to get back into Ketosis after one bad meal. This is if you had been in Ketosis solid. If you were eating high carb for a cople of days it would take 3- 4days to get back into Ketosis.
BUT..don't stress yourself about a bad choice that you can't do anything about. Regardless of how long it would take you to get back into fat burning mode..JUST DO IT!! You will feel better as soon as you get back into your low carb lifestyle.

Kristine
Sun, Feb-19-06, 08:41
Hi and welcome. :wave:

Would you consider reading and following one of the LC plans? It's probably the best thing you can do at this point. Personally, I've found the best defense against cheating is tight blood sugar control, tasty food ideas, and good overall nutrition, which means eating the appropriate amounts of the appropriate foods. The best source of this is information is the book. When I get lazy and "wing it", I often end up hungry and "cheaty".

Best of luck!

RedJodie
Sun, Feb-19-06, 10:04
If you keep cheating every week you may never get rid of the carb cravings, just something to keep in mind...

ezandreth
Sun, Feb-19-06, 12:43
If you keep cheating every week you may never get rid of the carb cravings, just something to keep in mind...

Boy, can I second that! It'd be like trying to give up smoking or drinking while you kept on having "just a few". You get into a vicious circle and keep having to fight the same battle over and over.

Luzyanna
Mon, Feb-20-06, 01:33
I haven't cheated yet on the diet because I know I could easily fall off the wagon. I'm waiting until I reach my goal weight and will slowly introduce some fruits & grains back into my diet but as far as all the sugary/starchy junk I used to eat...it's gone forever and I've come to terms with that. Why go back to eating something that makes me feel like s***?

If you find yourself with cravings that can't be denied, eat only things that are allowed on the diet until you are full. Even if you gorge on allowed foods, it's way better than a cheat on sugar & junk.