PDA

View Full Version : Idea, New Year's Resolutions thread

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

John2001
Sun, Dec-30-01, 23:21
Just an idea. How about a thread for New Year's resolutions?

Could be for LC in mind as well as other things in our lives we would like to see change in for the better.

Examples:
Lose X-amount of weight by..... (goal)
Exercise more...... (so many times a week)
Quit smoking
Find a better job / career
Improve / find a loving relationship
Save money for a home, vacation, etc
Complete unfinished projects
Hobbies (Find new things to do to relax / enjoy life more)

Post these items in something simlar to are journal and report on our progress on the things we want change. Perhaps quarterly have a review of how far we have come to succeeding in changing our personal lives.

This would also take our minds off solely thinking of just weight loss all the time. Not that it's a bad thing, but get ourselves motived in all aspects of changing our lives for the better.

I for one will be writing down a list of things that I wish to succeed at completing, changing, and look forward to doing different in my personal life in my journal, after the turn of the year. Have been making a mental note, of more than a few items that I want to change in my life.

Just an idea, perhaps our journal's could be a good area for this.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all, John ;)

tamarian
Wed, Jan-02-02, 23:30
Hi John,

I liked the idea, and thought about it for a bit to think of a good description for this new sub-forum "New Year Resolution". But after some thought, I realized that members are already doing something similar with their journals, discussing goals, happy events, tragic events, and every days happenings in their lives.
In addition, we already have some specific sections to discuss exercise goals, and quitting smoking. So it seemed sufficient as is. But members are always invited to discuss this further, if they really think there should be a spcific sub-forum for new year resolutions. :)

Wa'il

John2001
Thu, Jan-03-02, 08:21
I agree with your thoughts. I have posted the idea in my journal for now and have started the "list" of things I want to change in my personal life.
Wendy read it and agreed to hound me to do the things I have set out to do. ;) So this year I'm sure most of them will get done!

Thanks to your responce.
John