PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK and HELP!!!! :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

phunky71
Thu, Feb-16-06, 17:32
HI i'm Nick I'm from Cornwall in England. I looked into the Atkins Diet after reading The Hungry Years. It changed my life! I'm a vegetarian so Atkins was kind of difficult to deal with but found an excelent book by Rose Elliot. Feeling Great and losing weight.

If anybody out there knows anything about Vege products and their Carb to Fibre content I'd love to hear from you!!! The plan I'm following says that you can remove Fibre from Carbs with a simple sum (easy enough!). My partner bought me some burgamix that contains 19g Per 100g of Carb and 18g of fibre... This sounds to good to be true to me, the product is Direct Foods Burgamix and has a main ingredient of Textured Soya Protien as opposed to the Millit base of most mixes... Help i'm confused can anybody help? :help:

Rosebud
Thu, Feb-16-06, 17:39
HI i'm Nick I'm from Cornwall in England. I looked into the Atkins Diet after reading The Hungry Years. It changed my life! I'm a vegetarian so Atkins was kind of difficult to deal with but found an excelent book by Rose Elliot. Feeling Great and losing weight.

If anybody out there knows anything about Vege products and their Carb to Fibre content I'd love to hear from you!!! The plan I'm following says that you can remove Fibre from Carbs with a simple sum (easy enough!). My partner bought me some burgamix that contains 19g Per 100g of Carb and 18g of fibre... This sounds to good to be true to me, the product is Direct Foods Burgamix and has a main ingredient of Textured Soya Protien as opposed to the Millit base of most mixes... Help i'm confused can anybody help? :help:
Hi Nick, and welcome. :)

First of all, you will find some help if you look through our Vegetarian (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=109) forum, as well as the UK (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=35) forum for local information.

Unfortunately, the Burgamix contains 19 net carbs. In the UK, as in Australia and I think pretty much everywhere except the US ;) the fibre carbs have already been subtracted on the labels.

I wish you all the best.

Rosebud:rose:

phunky71
Thu, Feb-16-06, 17:47
Many thanks Rosebud....I knew it was too good to be true. I guess it's tofu burgers for me tomorrow then. :)