PDA

View Full Version : Chili's salads are like 50 g carb per serving...Anyone know why???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dreamseeds
Thu, Feb-16-06, 12:19
I was floored when I was checking out their nutritional info the other day.

I had to eat the cajun ribeye instead of salad (which is awesome by the way) but why on earth is a salad 50 g net carbs? or so.

deb34
Thu, Feb-16-06, 12:53
sugars in the dressings? croutons? lowfat cheeses? i've never eaten their salads so i'm guessing?

Tyger
Thu, Feb-16-06, 12:59
i found something similar about ruby tuesday's - their "low carb" choices are outrageously high calorie!! i was mad. LOL.. oh well live and learn. re: chili's i agree w prior post, most likely the dressing or other added ingredients

doreen T
Thu, Feb-16-06, 13:09
I *think* most of their salads come with tortilla chips or strips. So the carb count likely includes those items.

Doreen

Dodger
Thu, Feb-16-06, 15:04
i found something similar about ruby tuesday's - their "low carb" choices are outrageously high calorie!! i was mad. LOL.. oh well live and learn. re: chili's i agree w prior post, most likely the dressing or other added ingredientsWhat's wrong with high calories? Just eat until you are full and take the rest home for another meal.

ShayKNJ
Thu, Feb-16-06, 15:06
Chili's has a lot of things listed as low carb on their menu. I will go find the link I was looking at the other day and post it here.

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

beachlvr58
Thu, Feb-16-06, 15:52
[QUOTE=dreamseeds]I was floored when I was checking out their nutritional info the other day.

THEIR Dressings are loaded with sugar..

dreamseeds
Mon, Feb-20-06, 15:47
That must be it. I can make a salad the same size as those restaurants and it is 10-15% of what chili's has listed.

I didn't think about croutons or tortilla strips... makes sense now:)

Wildflowr6
Mon, Feb-20-06, 21:24
Chili's has a lot of things listed as low carb on their menu. I will go find the link I was looking at the other day and post it here.

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp
THANK YOU for sharing this website! I love Chili's, and go (too) often....and either get the Cobb salad (listed as too many carbs, but I order without the corn relish), or the Wings Over Buffalo (an appetizer only), but THOSE, although only 4 carbs, are 1140 calories!!! YIKES!