PDA

View Full Version : Should have introduced myself a while back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bakerchic
Mon, Feb-13-06, 14:40
But I think I'm going to be on this forum a lot more than I thought, so here goes the formal introduction of me, Bakerchic.

Though I'm not new to low-carbing, you could say I'm new to the fundamentals of nutrition as I'm now learning more about low-carbing and nutrition vs. low-carb the diet to lose weight fast.

Off the bat, I am now 19 and I have been eating disordered since age 12 going through periods of anorexia and bulimia, and found that low-carbing or eating natural foods tends to quell my outrageous appetite that has been due to cyclic restricting followed by periods of bingeing. I first started reading about low-carb when I was 12 actually, but my first serious attempts were after I failed to develope a period and learned about PCOS and how low-carbing can control symptoms of IR like cystic ovaries, though for some reason do not have cysts, I still display the typical symptoms of PCOS like sporadic facial and body hair (not as bad as some, but became conscience of it nonetheless), amenorrhea and weight gain, or should I say, failure to thrive on a high carb diet. Also low-carbing in the management of bulimia, which I think is less of a psychological problem and due largely in part to a bad diet followed on the advice given by mainstream medical doctors and the FDA, AMA, and other three headed, I mean lettered monsters. So low-carbing is adding a new dimension in my life.

First off, I'd like to say that this site is full of AMAZING PEOPLE!! I am so impressed by how much you guys have learned following the WOL. Some of you guys sound like doctors, and medical journalists, it just astounds me what profound thoughts you all have! I'm sure you'll provide me with much food for thought in lieu of carbohydrate :) This is a very intelligent community, and if you're brains are as big as your thought-provoking threads, then you guys must be aliens, because the information provided here is to say the least, astounding!

Well that's my diet life in a nutshell,
can't wait to see what I'll learn!

MargoP
Mon, Feb-13-06, 14:51
:wave: Welcome bakerchic :)

You are right about the forum I havent been here too long and I have learned so much. There is great support here. I wish you the very best in this WOE. I am familiar with your story. I also find low carb a major factor in my ability to sustain a bingefree life. Take care :rheart: sincerely, MargoP

ON MY WAY DOWN

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10724;88;0;0/c/-14/t/-80/k/4f63/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Maddison
Mon, Feb-13-06, 21:31
Hi Bakerchic and welcome :wave:

I'm another person who can relate to your story and am so happy for all of us we found a way to stop the binging behavior. So far, LCing has helped me stop those crazy, demanding cravings.

This forum is definitely top notch in regards to experience and knowledge.

Hope to see you around!

loserinnc
Tue, Feb-14-06, 00:50
Welcome Bakerchic.