PDA

View Full Version : hello from baltimore

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wdixon
Sun, Feb-12-06, 16:41
hello everybody.my name is bill, i live in baltimore maryland(usa).i am 32 years old and two weeks ago i finally decided to do atkins after reading the book about 4 times.well i started at 225 lbs,today i weigh 217 so i must be doing something.there are still some things that confuse me tho.carb counts on packages dont always match the carb count in the books. i seen a bottle of lemon juice that i wanted at the store that said 0 carbs, but the book say's it has 2 carbs.i was confused so i didnt buy it.theres alot of things like that that i wont buy because i dont know witch one to believe the books carb count or the one on the package. if anyone could help me with this confusion i would be very greatfull. thank you

DaddioM
Sun, Feb-12-06, 17:16
Hey Bill!

1st of all... welcome to the forum!! I always used the carb counts on the nutrition label and ONLY subtracted fibre. I never used the "claimed net carbs" on the front. I'm sure Lemon juice can vary depending on who makes it.. but the nutrition labels are supposed to be accurate by LAW.

WOOHOO on your loss!!

Mike

TyroneBill
Sun, Feb-12-06, 19:27
Welcome Bill from another Bill. Congrats on the 8 pound loss. As far as the carb counts, I do the same thing as Mike. I don't trust their math. After all they're in the business of selling.

cnmLisa
Sun, Feb-12-06, 19:31
Hi Bill--WELCOME!!!! and congrats so far!!!!!

I'm with Mike and Tyrone---this time around (this is my second) if it's not fiber than it gets counted. Kinda keeps you on track that way!

Good Luck on your journey!!!

Lisa

Mike and Tyrone--I'm stalking you!!:lol:

loserinnc
Mon, Feb-13-06, 06:58
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I wish you much success.

Naledi
Mon, Feb-13-06, 07:09
Hi There,

Welcome aboard.

Compete against yourself. Take it step by step, slowly and steadily.

Wish you good Luck and great success.