PDA

View Full Version : Are there restrictions on this site?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bobi-p
Sun, Feb-12-06, 11:15
I recently was a member of Low Carb Friends, a support forum similar to this.
I mentioned this site on it and my posts were deleted and I received a message from the Admins that it violated their Terms of Service. In their TOS, it is specified that no other support Forums can be listed within their site. Is this true here also? I mean...support is support, isn't it?

cnmLisa
Sun, Feb-12-06, 11:28
I can't answer your question but I know one of the moderators can. I've had members direct me to other sites when I was looking for a specific piece of info.

I agree--support is support. I find that kind of snotty of them. Maybe they're scared that this site is better and they'll lose members:q:

doreen T
Sun, Feb-12-06, 11:34
I recently was a member of Low Carb Friends, a support forum similar to this.
I mentioned this site on it and my posts were deleted and I received a message from the Admins that it violated their Terms of Service. In their TOS, it is specified that no other support Forums can be listed within their site. Is this true here also? I mean...support is support, isn't it?
hi Bobi,

LowCarbFriends is owned by Netrition, and so their terms of service do not permit mention of other websites, forums, products or services. Netrition pays the bills, so I guess Netrition gets to call the shots :(.

Here at Active LowCarber, although there are some ads, they don't represent ownership or any such affiliation with our forum. The webmaster/owner volunteers his time to run this site, and the moderators are also volunteers. For this reason, we don't permit active promotion of other websites or solicitations to join them .. unless they have specific permission from the webmaster to do so.

However, many members here are members elsewhere, and there's no conflict with that. Folks have often linked to threads/discussions on other websites and forums in order to provide information here, within the context of the particular topic.

hth :rose:

Doreen

doreen T
Sun, Feb-12-06, 11:38
If anyone is curious about the origins of this site and our forum .. check out this thread in the Best Of section .. A bit of history about our site (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=11403).

:cool:

Doreen

Bobi-p
Sun, Feb-12-06, 11:50
Thank you very much, Doreen
I am a member of a lot of computer forums and we discuss other forums and advice freely. This has never happened to me. I withdrew my membership from LowCarbFriends, because I felt it was too restrictive. They talked about Fitday.com and entering foods to keep track and I mentioned MyP.L.A.N as a good tool, and oh my...instant feedback on my faux pas. I didn't know it was owned by Netrition. That explains a lot. This site is much better anyway!!
Thanks for the link to the history of this Forum, I am on my way there now.:)

mrstmitch
Sun, Feb-12-06, 12:06
Here at Active LowCarber, although there are some ads, they don't represent ownership or any such affiliation with our forum. The webmaster/owner volunteers his time to run this site, and the moderators are also volunteers. For this reason, we don't permit active promotion of other websites or solicitations to join them .. unless they have specific permission from the webmaster to do so.

Doreen

Let me take this golden opportunity to THANK the WebMaster, and ALL of the VOLUNTEERING Moderators that make this wonderful site happen, and that give so much valuable time and support to the members here! :bhug: :bhug:

cajuda
Sun, Feb-12-06, 17:06
Let me take this golden opportunity to THANK the WebMaster, and ALL of the VOLUNTEERING Moderators that make this wonderful site happen, and that give so much valuable time and support to the members here! :bhug: :bhug:

Ditto for me. :thup:

RedJodie
Sun, Feb-12-06, 17:52
And me!!!!

Luzyanna
Sun, Feb-12-06, 21:17
Besides, this site is far better than the 'other' one. :D

ProfGumby
Sun, Feb-12-06, 22:30
After what I am about to say, I must first thank the moderators and those who created the site! Awesome job!!! :thup:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restrictions, here?

Well today I saw that a lady cannot post topless pics of herself without the litlle black box covering her naughty bits...(in the exercise gallery, I swear!)

and I also would assume one cannot type &^#*~*~#*!
:lol:

ionltd
Sun, Feb-26-06, 12:29
wow!
but I can top that

I was "permananetly banned" from LowCarbFriends.com because I registered as ionltd (as I am here and probably 1000 other sites) because it "could be a web address"!

When I pointed out that it wasn't a website, they replied back showing me a site something like www.ionlimited.au some austrailian website that has nothing to do with me.

I was so surprised I pointed out to them that probably 50% of their members names "could" be websites if you added www. at the begining and .com, .net, .biz etc, to the end....

That's when they BANNED ME FOR LIFE!!! oh my god, the low carb discussion forum Nazi! LOL

Wish I had read this thread before I ordered from Netrition.com...I had no clue they were on in the same

AND this site is Much Much better
Thanks

kevinpa
Sun, Feb-26-06, 12:51
I don't condone LowCarbFriends or their sponsor Netrition for their practices, but I would never cut off my nose to spite my face. Netrition is one of the best low carb games in town and with low carb ventures going under daily I would never penalize myself because of the restrictive nature of their forum. A simple avoidance of their forum works just fine. To date I have not seen the need to travel to other forums when my needs are met just fine here.

Bobi-p
Sun, Feb-26-06, 13:02
I'm glad that I was not the only one who experienced problems with this particular site. I agree with everyone else, though, this site is FAR better than the other one. And because of this I am on my way to sign up and be a "Contributing Member" to show my appreciation!

ionltd
Sun, Feb-26-06, 13:13
Good point guys

It was just all so ridiculous

mlk18sHuny
Sun, Feb-26-06, 16:18
I'm glad I came here first! :)

eve25
Sun, Feb-26-06, 20:49
its weird but, although both sites are forums for lcers, they are so completely different. i was so surpried the first time i went there (i am mostly here). there are issues they discuss that you cant find here and vice versa, but we also have much better recipes, news, and pictures.